Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Were were you 9/11/2001

john_1
Super Contributor
I was welding in my factory listerning to the radio.
0 Kudos
32 REPLIES 32
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
trading online and somebody on page88 said a small plane had crashed into the twin towers.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
now tell me you were not pleased that you had limited downside.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
On a lunch break at college.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
was still in varsity..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
it happened at 3.30pm what time do you have lunch
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
It's not important - he was at college :-)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I happened to be short investec and richemont. When the second plane hit I shorted anything that hadn't yet fallen (seem to recall that was ned and ddt???). One issuer packed up and went home so quickly they left stale bid/offers on the screens and another just went home. neither still in business...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
when you get a decent gap between lectures... besides sometimes only woke up at 12 in those days:)
0 Kudos
Amar
Contributor
John have you been to varsity? lunch is from about 10:30 to 16:00
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Those were the days ...margaritas at lunch on a tuesday afternoon.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Simon. So how much money did you make?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
No Amair I never went to varsity.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Me,at the office at work, wife phoned in. On our overseas trip in '2005 the guide had this story: her parents celebrated their 50th anniversary as married couple, went to NY from Europe and had a date to lunch at the Twin Towers on that day. Strangely they had an argument (actually the wife picked it) because the old man was exceptionally slow that day. He in turn, was not moved and back tracked to fetch keys which he left somewhere and then sauntered along. So... they were side tracked and saved from the trategy.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Sitting in a pub in London after our training we were on got cancelled and there were no available buses/taxis/trains as everyone scrambled to get out of town.
Instead of Skysports all pubs were tuned into SkyNews. Surreal, sitting there watching whilst having a pint.
0 Kudos
Amar
Contributor
Hit a soft spot there john, didn't mean anything by it dude, just wishing I was a full time student so I could still be on lunch :)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Nothin soft except my brain mate just answering the question..
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
SOft spot...Oh my God
0 Kudos
Not applicable
on a plane somewhere over Zambia....when i landed my friend called me and i thought he was having me on ....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Was in londen , and just like the british everybody thought it was them being attacked, and yes I was only there for 6month so far and i WAS SCARED
0 Kudos