Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What a rally, and check that rand!

ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
Cant really see why the hard rally but will make good use of such things tomorrow!
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
I think there are some people out there that think yesterday was rock bottom.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
u should watch the House Financial Services Committee Hearing on TARP Oversight!... It's gonna take some time to filter through on the third person reporting of the journo's. It's damning and it's gonna cut the legs out of this rally if 'vestors have any brains. nuff said
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
u know what really scares me? ... this rally just lifts the oscillators to comfort levels ... and that is just not healthy in this market. I'm going long 2morrow if this keeps up; but my stops are gonna be tight as a gnats *****
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Dead cat bounce! I wonder if we can see 6500 on the DOW soon... GDP on Friday.. employment next week... Big Bears
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
that would be 'aars' in brit upper lip potato lingua. Suck on it Simon, and when u get to the bone? ... chew!
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
u hit the button Wiz, Friday is the day
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
sorry Simon, not mean't as an insult, but really... a r se, is that really that bad?
0 Kudos
ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
I really thought it whould ease off towards the end of the session but seems like its not.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
no it won't. This is really a pheasant shoot. There are both traders (in cammo) and crazies (quite obvious) involved in this one. It's gonna run up, and then some, before it plunges...
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
It will be interesting to see if this one has legs, but I seriously doubt it...
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
check the RSI's, lower highs
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
BWAHAHAHA check the commodities, this is such an obvious $ play.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This thing has bounce of the trend line a number of time and did just that at the close. And must say pulling up the fib puts the 61.8 at 8000.00 so yes and not for me. Must pull through for my confermation
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Well lets get a double top in gold at 1000 and then we can have a bit of a rally on the DOW... DOWn there at 6500...
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Can I now finally short some gold shares? Please? I went short BIL today, because it broke a price line on my candle chart and the MACD had crossed over and there were falling tops on the RSI. And now this bloody rally! But, 'twas only 1 contract. Has a rally based on the fact that we've hit an x-year low EVER lasted? Usually just long enough to squeeze the ***** out of me. Dammit, if these bovines take me out on a short squeeze AGAIN - this bear is going to be very, very cross. Just remember what Charty said the other day - bears never run after their prey - because they know that next time they'll just take out a whole lot more! Grrrrr. Today economist Chris Heart said on the radio, that the US and UK are heading for depression. Everyone hear that??? Depression! John Mauldin this weekend wrote about the particularly sad outlook for European banks. Makes the US look like a Sunday school picnic. Now I know why dindins said here the other day that INP is going to god (zero). Me think so too.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
How many years and tens of thousands of rands it had cost me to realise a simple fact --- its just not profitable trading against the trend.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nova, short answer - yes .. An if you don't like it you know the solution ..
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
okie dokie, no problem, your apology is accepted ;-)
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
That makes sense. Probably better to wait for a decent upleg and then catch a ride on the uptrend. Think I'll try that.
0 Kudos