Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What happened to the bear?

Thojody
Occasional Contributor
Being new to trading, I got nervous with all the talk on Mon last week with reagards the "BEAR" week envisaged. I made the deliberate descission not to take the risk and sold most of my current investments - All big players AMS,SBK,BIL,BSR etc. Whereas I still made a profit in selling when I did, what lessons do newbies like myself need to learn with reagrds making a choice to sell or not?? Did anyone know that the BULLS would win last week and if so would you mind pointing us, the less informed ones, in the right direction ? :)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
asylum
Super Contributor
the bear is busy sharpenning is claws.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thojody...as long as their are people like asylum around you can happily go long....
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
.Still in long term bull run.So why sell ,nobodoby can predict the next up trend but then again there is nothing wrong with taking money off the table.Selling all your shares can come back to haunt you
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thojody; Learn TA,(or perfect fundamental analysis), develop your own system, and then, larf at dudes who post krep predicting which way the market will go.
0 Kudos
faure
Frequent Contributor
Hey Chartist do you think we'll fill this gap today or will we get to new highs before that happens? I'm thinking it's better to hang back before buying more.
0 Kudos
Thojody
Occasional Contributor
Thanks for the words of wisdom. Any suggestions on good places for TA? I have looked at the standard bank courses - really good as well as the stuff that came with this ridiculous sharetrakin package (not so good) :) What I am looking for is a good indicator for the Over-bought Over-sold state of a share. Currently I use RSI and MACD and then also look for increased volumes to decide if a trend reversal is expected. Any better ideas most welcome. Thanks again.
0 Kudos