Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What will bring this party to an end ( short term)

john_1
Super Contributor
This has been a fabulous run with no end in site! However I know from my own way of thinking that I am getting very attached to the paper gains in my protfolio. Paper as I have not yet sold. I am sure that the rest of you are feeling the same way, which means that the stops will be moving up and the moment anybody sneezes there will be a wave of selling trying to lock in profits. So my feeling is that it will be a sharp violent correction if infact this happens at all.
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
asylum
Super Contributor
I agree john want to press the panic sell button every 5 minutes
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i only have top40 contracts. my stop today is on 25 000 mark
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I feel the same. All my shares are up 20-50% over the last month (except SAB) and would like to lock in the profits and re-enter on the overdue dip but at the same time don't want to sit on the sideline watching the bull run a mock for another month... maybe when we lose the cricket tonight everyone will feel a little depressed and sell tomorrow?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
No chance of losing the cricket tonight we gonna slaughter them!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
im sure most traders find cricket too slow paced to keep them entertained. plus majority are international traders? more likely rich biblebashing americans will pull wallstreet down over the school shootings. The world is ending dont you know.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
As long as it doesn't end before the bull run is over dont want to go empty handed.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
While the shootings were unfolding the more news that came to light the higher the Dow and NYSE went ... sadistic... tsk tsk tsk
0 Kudos
Not applicable
..we in Roman country dude. No end to this party, I don't reckon.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
All good things must come to an end sometime or the other.....we have to have a good pullback(and not just profit taking)....it just can't carry on like this(or can it)...thats just me.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Now I just need to find an instument to short the market that will only kick in when the market goes down:)
0 Kudos
Mr_Gold
Contributor
Mmm, I agree with some of the guys above. Market totally over bought. Prices all time high. Careful!!! The last time I burnt my fingers. Let me worn you, this must end!!! Take your profits and laugh about them!!! Take your money and start looking for good put warrants.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
See my reply to this post on JBL(18 APR)
0 Kudos
Mic
Super Contributor
I think the clever money started taking profit since yesterday already OMO
0 Kudos