Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

World Cup 2010 and the hopes of a nation hanging in the balance!

asylum
Super Contributor
BERLIN (Reuters) - Further outbreaks of violence against foreigners in South Africa could lead Fifa to move the 2010 World Cup elsewhere, the United Nations adviser on sport said on Thursday.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
asylum
Super Contributor
no one concerned all honky dory then?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Coming out of Berlin...especially those guys are so interested to have another world cup on their soil
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the improtant word is "could". I could have kittens for tea today, but probably won't.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
could maybe so, but a very real possibility, i hate to think of the catastrophic implications of that happening.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Guys please relax according to Bheki Cele,it is merely criminals having some fun with foreigners and not Xenophobic attacks.What a relief,I for one will sleep easier..
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
Relax people - too much money has been passed under the table for the World Cup to be taken away.
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
True - 2010 is very big business - Alot of under counter dealings to secure the cup..its not conspiracy theory but simple business fact - the main culprits being those filthy frenchmen
0 Kudos