Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

bank should improve soon.

_nova
Super Contributor
asylum, I made the same mistake (mkadir pointed it out to me). I looked at 30 min and daily charts and worked off +300 candles. Far too many as it smoothes the swings too much. I can kick my own ***** for missing this upswing!
0 Kudos
MichaelR
Regular Contributor
I wont be suprised if the banks go down again. but then again as I said I only buy them in chunks of money made from other shares when they are at the bottom. I have a long term view on Standard bank.About 3 years.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
John I have no need to try to time the markets. When a quality share with good economic prospects is available at better or at a fair price then I buy. Anyone can call a bottom or top after the fact. The problem is that the banks had bolted 20% by the time the techies figured it out. Then they bought the trend then got stop-lossed when the banks declined... then bought when the banks went up again and then got stop-lossed again... etc. Sound familiar? Not for me thanx.
0 Kudos
BRE
Regular Contributor
LG, no techie worth their salt would have bought into banks on the downtrend. Techies work around areas of support and resistance, buying into the upside and selling into the downside.
0 Kudos