Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

bear food

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
kwagga
Super Contributor
Crystal ball gazing, eh? Just trade the price Simon. Don't get caught up in all the noise. It can be deafening.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
most traders dont like stocks to fall but they do. check the ALSI and oil and you will see the bear flag is already broken. down we should go.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
wiling away the time waiting for the next trade to confirm ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
lots of traders love stocks to fall, especially when they are short - or, like me, waiting for a long entry. And yes, the bear flag has been spoken about for weeks already, but you could just as easily take a longer term view and see a similar bull flag. Technically speaking, bear flags are not supposed to take this long to break, and when they do, it is supposed to be violent. I am still cautiously bullish
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Skaapchop, if you had R 10k of annual dividends paid out and want to re-invest what top40 share would you pick right now ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
eish, loaded question, but OK, here we go. Resources, I would pick EXX. Construction, BSR has quite a bit of contract cover to limit downside. Industrials - I like Rolfes - great cash generator. Aspen will always generate money, and is trading relatively strong at the moment. Retailers - MPC would be my bet, I like their Africa growth story.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
This prediction is amazing... http://tinyurl.com/2ufbyjx
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
so, yesterday was just a return move on the broken bear flag. down we are going. check BIL new 52 weeks low today, AGL should hit R250 soon.
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
shorts of choice?
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
took a small short on KIO today, would add some more at a close below R420. also check out OST analysis on TBS, very scary indeed.
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
snap on KIO. will check out TBS. peace
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
my stop was set at R428. has triggered and have taken a small profit
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Skaap i agree with u.If we are going further down the bearflag should have already broken.Just look to the up moves compaired to the down moves.The up moves are much more impulsive than the downmoves.The red daily candle of 10 aug was a trunscated wave 5 as it did not make a new low(dow &sp500).The downmove on the US MARKETS was therefore a 3 wave corrective structure.The dow and sp 500 started a new impulsive wave up lastnight.The Asx also moved up last night and i think the other markets will follow tonight.O.M.O.
0 Kudos