Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

do u recall...going down....3 floor habedashery....basement ladies undewear...

Not applicable
Recall that post from last year when we tanked ...FTSE at the same kinda levels 4100...4050...4000...all crucial...we may get a bounce so just watch the levels...
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
john_1
Super Contributor
What date was that, i am trying to pick it up on the chart..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
23 Oct and 18/19 Nov...just before the ultimate lows...surprised that this is not something u are not aware of and even need to look at the chart?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes Johnny time for your sleep...u seem to be asleep at the wheel....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
chartist, everybody knows it is not knowing the info, it is knowing where to find it. Or who to get to find it for you.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes absolutely....problem is when the market is trading at the level already you should have got the info ages ago...no good fumbling around for key levels when they have been are about to be met...now i know u just trying to be pugilistic here....Simon you seem to be contradicting your own sage advice of being prepared/knowing your levels/knowing your entry/exit....or have I got it wrong...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
as always you are making assumptions...I was asking the date of the post to put it to the chart..not why levels were key..you would have to be stupid not to start each day with a review of key levels write them down and not to trade against them...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John if I got what u were saying were saying wrong then apologies...u did say " I am checking on the chart" ....not checking in the posts....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
No worries... have you ever tried to back check for a post it takes about 15hours of computing power just to open the posts..thats why I asked.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I only care about levels if I am in a trade.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
The way the ftse goes through those levels they dont seem to be that key anymore?. In any case took that last 15 min drop when 18750 held as a bonus.
It looks like we can most likely open with a gap down at the Friday GAP level. If we were then to close both on the UP on the day it'll most likely be on a very few times that an old gap got jumped and then closed from the other side? (hope ramblings make sense)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes look the principle is that levels that have been tested a few times (recently 3... and last year a few times) are far more significant...here we not only have good frequency we also a timeframe which is significant...We do need to see a secomd close below these levels as today's trading day is unusual (because of US being closed)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
without the US market to moderate, its a great day to put the fear of God back into the market.
0 Kudos