Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

dow crashes ??

Not applicable
You should be aware that folks around here herald your word as THE final say,.. So, merely presenting the current facts, as to the 'newsfeeds' 'current facts',. Yep Simon,. unbeknownst, you became the very dear Squealer from Orwells tale,..
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
But surely such a mistake should reflect in the volume traded for the day. I don't see huge volume discrepencies ??????
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Mind you, you did say,. 'let the conspiracy theories roll',.. give you that much,.. I'm game for the fiscal outcome this eve,.. :) just know this is going to be a one way BIG COVER UP,.. so y,. jumping the throat a little,. apologies,. lol,..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Been following a few blogs. Traders mention that they didn't have access to their accounts at times. Wonder if this didn't create a huge gap in trades allowing for such a huge fast move on the indices??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
dude,. the lie is designed to get people talking,. double checking and doubting what they see with their own eyes,.. don't even start,. Its a dupe,.. frekking american dreamers,.. sure guy,. some obese trader mutton head, first day on the job hit the wrong key 40% into a slide,.. lol,. ya ya,.. whaatever,..
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
the chick on bloomberg said 19billion (b for billion not an m for million, easily confused) shares changed hands today on the US exchanges ~ stand to be corrected. i think she mentioned that the october 2008 "crash" was 19.7bbbillion.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
oh sorry, yeah,. and a whole whakka load of people got absolutely Caned in the process,.. bwa ha ha,..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
these 'traders ' are way small fish in the big picture .. but would've helped the panic ..
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
there weren't any bids on some shares at a stage the sellers were so many... :)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
if the trade error rumour is true then the vast majority of that would've been P&G? assuming all of the 16bbbillion were sold. time to zzz.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hahahah flippin chancers!!,.. always tryna make a buck,.. lol
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I trying to find P%G intra-day chart with volume .. but getting time out errors .. seems everybody else lso looking ..
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
P&G volumes during the dip was just over 2 mio shares. Way of from 16 bln.
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
P&G volumes during the dip was just over 2 mio shares. Way of from 16 bln.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
but what is their normal volume ??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
Ave daily volume of 10 mio. Ave hourly vol of 2,5 mio
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
scharfy Says:
May 6th, 2010 at 4:31 pm

I love the modern world. We just had a computerized `87 crash and rally in 15 minutes.

The Algo's are now drinking beers at virtual bars and trading HFT war stories..

made me laugh :)

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2010/05/down-how-much/#comments
0 Kudos