Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

down we go again

RDB
Super Contributor
nice going to the overnight bears, suppose should have listened to the above 22,700 close
0 Kudos
34 REPLIES 34
Brazen
Super Contributor
Well, well, well R baby, don't know bout you, but I'm not as unhappy to be long this morning as I was when you posted this last night.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yo B. Just a quick question what indicators did you use to tell you to go long yesterday? Am pretty surer you going to be correct. Just on my side I can see any reason why you would have gone long yesterday?
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
hi B, yes me to very happy - DOW was tanking at time of posting and I was looking for a bounce off 11,980 odd and close above 12,100 and what do you know it happened
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Hi OZone. I was short yesterday morning with a target of 22700 (support) on the Topi, when that hit yesterday I sold my short. Then when it looked like it was going to close above 22700 (now resistance) I went long. It came down in closing to below that level but I have to make my decision at about 4.30 cos I can't trade after 4.45. Bottom line, yesterday was going to be a short below 22700 at 4.30 or a long above that level.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Jes to add: indicators can be misleading - I stick to price action alone & take my lead from trend lines. If the topi bounces here, it is making a higher low (trend drawn from June 06 & another from September 06) Next target is 232 000 - Monday's close. If closes higher than that, then we have a higher high too. B'sides, I find looking at oscillators brings on flashbacks..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks Guys...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Out. Taking our pennies an lookin fer a new target.
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
was also looking at exit last few minutes, but we should have fibs support around 23,060 and upside target of 23,358
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
seems from 5 min chart downside more possible in short term than 23,358
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
stops moved to 22,980
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Yip, that 23200 level will be the one to watch today. Anyway, time for a little bacon & eggs after a nice start to the morning.
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
enjoy B, we will keep the bull going
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
down to my 23,060 target, per 1 and 5 min charts bit more downside possible, will keep and eye for possible entry
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Long? Bull not looking very convincing today. If it still looks this way at 4.30 I'd be thinking short overnight?
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
nice bounce off my 23,060 level, didn't enter another long as I was busy with a client and missed it - range seems tight for the moment as well
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
now looking at possible triple top and maybe take profit
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Cr@p. Wish I still had my long.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Still have that 23200. Does close out start at 12?
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
yes 12 to 13:40 as far as I know
0 Kudos