Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

i feel it in my bones....

barry_1
Super Contributor
...today Chartist will be vidicated as a massive gap is likely to close.!...please remember i really know nothing about gap trading as that seems to be on the ALSI,i dont know where they trade that anywqy....perhaps some one can give me a title of a good book to read!...thnks.
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Not applicable
Barry any idea when apex will declare interest?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Barry I ask not for vindication..only that u will become a believer...
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i can understand u asking as the quarterly payments seem to throw company profile for both APA/B and X and Redefine....could try next results due of course....i presume that they were declared on 1/8 LDT 17/8 PAY 27/8. next results duee in about the same order in November and Febuary again.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Chartist I also see you talking about alsi gaps often. I understand that a gap is if a market opens very low or high compare to yeasterdays close. So what do I trade if i believe that a gap will close?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
You can trade the TOP 40 futures or daily index.
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
Asylum, can u trade the Top40 Futures / daily index or ALMI (Mini Alsi) on OST or do you need an account somewhere like DWT.co.za? Thanks
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
you need an account with dwt or global trader not sure about the mini.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes u can trade mini there...but would u want to?
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
Chartist why do you say that? New to this and just understand that the mini is 100th of the exposure of a full Alsi contract? R3,000 vs R300,000. Still checking things out.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
i stand to be corrected but full contract is around 18 k i think
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
difference is value vs. margin required.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
doomsday...yes the gearing has actually decreased slightly cause the cvalue of the index has fallen so much...the margin requirements have been increased for the Dec contract because of higher volatility and therefor the need for a greater cushion...the margin is now 19500...sign of the times.....so the way you work it out is 1 contract = the value of the index X 10... so at the mo 24600....exposure to ZAR 246 000....so I % move in the index gives you ZAR 2460 profit....thats gearing of about...14X....the cost of a Sept contract is ZAR 17500 (may also have increased)
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
Thanks Chartist, appreciated.
0 Kudos