Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ideas, ideas

richardw
Super Contributor
I just gave an idea to someone, which should make him millions. I can't do it - only he can. It's simple and he could have it running by the end of the week. Ah, well.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Werner_1
Super Contributor
whats the idea?
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
He owns an incredibly well-positioned domain. One that is a perfect shortener for a one of the top 10 websites. The idea is to sell links off it to companies, who I'm absolutely sure would pay for it. bit.ly has already offered him many thousands of dollars, but this will work out better in the long term. E.g. domainx/coke or domainx/money.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This is a good question. How can I protect an idea that I have put into practice. Example, I want to supply a service. It is a money spinner and will make a lot of people very rich. Can I copyright it so that only I can deliver that service? Is it even worth trying to copyright.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Read 'From Edison to iPod" - good book on various IP mechanisms.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I have been in touch with Don MacRoberts around my tobacco ideas.. nice guy. Half the problem with ideas even great ones is what I call the east money syndrome.. if money was that easy everybody would be doing it *****.. we see it all the time in the trader debate
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I am spending more time talking to patent lawyers then my wife. If you want I can ask for you.. email me details (as much as you feel I may need to get you answers) to [email protected] I will be happy to help if I can.
0 Kudos