Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

looks like the market is suffering from post traumatic stress

john_1
Super Contributor
After the effects of last week I wonder if anybody with real cash is ready to commit. I wonder how many people realize just how close the brink we came on wed, and thursday.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
_nova
Super Contributor
We're not out of the woods yet, not by a long shot. The daily and weekly charts are still in a sad state and there's not much out there to support a real and sustained rally. From a year ago to now the fundamentals have taken a 180 turn. JaWellNoFine despite the bailouts and the last 2 bastions becoming glorified deposit boxes, the reality is still a slowing global economy, US tax payers footing the bill, and central bankers printing paper like there's no tomorrow. At some point someone has to WORK and someone has to BUY to make the paper WORTH something. I'm not an economist and even I can figure out that it's all a sham
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
Dow is some 40 pips from closing gap and FTSe is way off. There is some up side to this market if these two close their intraday gaps..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Looks like a big time squeeze comimg on..
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
dow down about 185pts and ftse down about 90 pts.. should be interesting tomorrow. GLD and oil up though ...Tough call.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I hate these flat days..they are always the days I pay wages.
0 Kudos