Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

remgro

partridge
Super Contributor
I see that OST has a Sell on this - given that they will be reporting for August shortly what do people think their results are likely to be in % terms increases?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
They would have to shoot the lights out to justify a rerating. A mature company with a historically high PE at the moment leads for downside risk and a strong likelihood of underperforming the market. Remember that a sell rating doesn't mean the stock will go down - it just means that it won't go up (according to analyst consensus) at a pace that outstrips the general market. I am of the same opinion. It doesn't fit into the extreme price extreme momentum criteria that I apply to selecting stock. Also bear in mind that the forecasts only have 3 contributors. That is a pretty small representation of the analyst community at large!
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Might be fully pried in their books, but this one is a long term gem in any portfolio.
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
I understood the Sell to mean that it will not exceed the expected return in the market as a whole - ie might still go up but not exceed the market - but an important point nevertheless. What is the gem in their crown-that would be my next question?
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
is Uys the gem in their crown?
0 Kudos
waitandsee
Occasional Contributor
I agree with Kwagga. With its low volatility, market beating performance over many years and reasonable dividends, Remgro is the "anchor" of my portfolio.
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
Does Uys joining the management team given his profile - indicate a switch in direction?
0 Kudos