Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

sorry John

Not applicable
I couldnt take your call...caught me in the middle of something
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
odd place to convey personal messages ?? anyways chartist, tell us about sbk buying cnbc ?? I thort we was bought by icbc ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no i mean you support them...with adspend sponsorship etc
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
oh, how boring is that .. since inception actually, not new at all .. oddly when I do market wrap at 5.15pm that slot is sponsored by rmb ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
well those numbers ain't boring..two of their sales people worked for me....should rather give the money to the poor people that had their funeral policies cancelled...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Tis below the belt C. I head up an organisation and at times have to take responsibility for things I argued against in the first place. There are things called boards. Most of us plebs need to work for institutions not utterly & entirely pure at all instances.
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Now there's the understatement of the century! Business ethics is an interesting concept and my experience is that it remains firmly seated between the pages of books! The people running SA's corporates - and I don't mean the foot soldiers - because the responsibility lies much higher up - must certainly rank right up there with the worst of them. I certainly could not live with myself, taking compensation which in cases literally runs into hundreds of millions of rands while having even the slightest idea of just a hundredth of the evils going on in companies like OML, MTN and the like. And not knowing makes them all the more culpable.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Didn't mean to imply that anything unethical is done in my organisation, just difference of opinion on strategies
0 Kudos
Not applicable
well i would say taking peoples money which they pay in the belief they are covered and then just canceling the policy and not compensating people ranks pretty high up there...some were compensated but not enough and many were not given anything at all...so much for insurance...
0 Kudos
NJ_1
Frequent Contributor
Does your indignation at their unethical practices go as far as precluding you from investing in these corporates? I mean, if they are profiting through nefarious dealings and you in turn profit by holding their shares, are you not also culpable?
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Absolutely. I would have great difficulty investing (ie buying and holding to take advantage of profits) in one of these. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to short the shtttt out of them and watch them sink!
0 Kudos