Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

the joys of day trading

Not applicable
Holy c.... over 1000 points in wild back and forth swings in the last 20 minutes. I recon a lot of day traders lost a lot of money just now!
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Rams
Super Contributor
well, its pancakes, so no trades but i agree, 50 point stops will not help with these swings. Had a short but had to exit manually as there was no time to put in the stop, so overshot by about 20 points.Not in until US open.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
there has been a 600 point move today - and you call that pancakes? The FTSE has gone from being 1% up to 0.8% down - and now up again - that is a pretty wild swing in my books!
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Without much direction and volatile. I believe this is bad news for virtually all index system traders. It's a gamble out there. Some will win and some will loose. Not worth the effort for me right now. Let's wait for some proper support or resistance breaks before we commit.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
When I am not in the market, it's pancakes. When, the market takes you out and then moves in your direction, experience will teach you it's best to stay out. The last two days was the opposite , stops were not required, the market moved in your direction taking you out at targets. Lesson, some days you win big, other days, you lose, keep those losses small.
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
but, is 42000 or there-abouts not weekly support? bounced of it 4 times already.
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
SMALL trades on 5-10 min charts can make a reasonable profit
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Test yourself , look into the abyss , the boiling cauldron of molten lava that is the alsi. They said this was fun. My name is Koos2 and i am a junkie.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Yeah, there will be an eruption.....soon
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
US futures strong open..but ALSI still swinging, with spreads up to 50 points at times.So keeping my stop at break-even.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
US is closed today...
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Yes, Martin Luther King day... been tracking futures.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you call it a flat day on a 1000 point rally, you track a market thats closed and were still waiting for your xmas rally to 46000....
sometimes its ok not to post, just saying
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well, i dont know about that, but i just managed 300 points tracking a closed market with a 50 point spread!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
All markets green today...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Us futures open down, but with US closed yesterday, no clear direction yet.
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
the oracle is strangely absent...
0 Kudos