Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

what does Wed hold?

Not applicable
Cents why dont u tell us what you think for a change....?
0 Kudos
Nick_1
Frequent Contributor
Id like to be so bold and say GFI and HAR will catch up with Anglogold later this pm. 3.5% vs. 1.5%. Gold seemed to have done its retrace, already clawed back half this morning's retrace!
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
well done Chartist, high of 23,092 - seems we might pull back a bit from here
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes 250 points is enough for me and I cashed out of the top40. Gold is maintaining support and blowing of some of the overboughtness and we should see an attack of that 650 level starting in an hour or so.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I have to say joke aside you seem to be really on top of your game, it its really good to see. What happened to your day job?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
still interfering with my trading - I do a lot of the company stuff in the evening or early morning - I have a good team that looks after the day to day stuff...
0 Kudos
Nick_1
Frequent Contributor
GFI cannot seem to shake off 12600. Been bobbing around that level the whole day. fingers crossed it can get through it before EOD.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
All work and no play...
0 Kudos
Mic
Super Contributor
That was good for me, and for you guy's
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
and gold touched 639,1 and bounced, currently 642,3 still awaiting trigger on hour graph
0 Kudos
Not applicable
RDB - isnt that amazing 639.1 is exactly, to the dime the retracement, we needed.
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
excellent and then I missed it, got busy with oil trades and only picked up again around 643 damn
0 Kudos
Not applicable
caught it at 641 - at BP 50 per point I am very happy. Tomorow is a no brainer as soon as we get through 648..
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
how do you get your timing so exact when you said within an hour around 16:00
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Not sure I get what you mean?
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
refer above @ 15:22 you said to prepare for 650
0 Kudos
Not applicable
luck and you could see we were going to test the upward sloping support line in place since 17 Jan which also coincided with the 68.1 retracement. If only SFM would get their act together we could all share graphs....can email you the graph and how I worked out the timings if you like.
0 Kudos
trigger
Frequent Contributor
sorry to butt in, how do you chaps determine your time period for the fib. ta
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you can butt in any time... the Fib is drawn from the most recent low (in a bull market) to the highest point in a rally - the fib is then drawn from the low before the rally. The time period is determined by the chart you are using or the view you have be it a minute, 5 min daily chart whatever. If I can get my video software to work I could show you...will try and reinstall the software.
0 Kudos
trigger
Frequent Contributor
thanks - using SOL as an eg would you fib it from say 11/09/2006 using a daily chart?
0 Kudos