Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TIME!

THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Entry was under R160 for this thing - it seems - and now I hope for a run to 11GBP - R230ish.
11 REPLIES 11
Preston
Super Contributor
Could be sooner than later. Iron ore $60, Crude Oil at $44,
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
The year that just keeps on giving... a relief after the battle it took to make a gain last year!
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Couldn't agree more. Everything I've touched has turned to sold. At present enjoying my run with ARL,GND and MRP just waiting, hopefully for another little spurt from AEG.
kwagga
Super Contributor
Have a look at CIL & GRF
Preston
Super Contributor
This market is way overheated and BIL has run extremely hard.
Preston
Super Contributor
The market is going down from here...(omo).
Eurostar
Contributor
It has been a good run together with other positions! BIL testing a key resistance level, if it pokes through, i'll go LONG again ;)
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
As I said when I tipped AEG, I am keeping 500 of these for a proper run. A value unlock - especially of her major overseas component - could see a move back to R20. 10m is a nice round figure. A man can dream, can't he?
Hali
Super Contributor
I think this commodity bubble is overdone..this was more a rally based on money allocation rather then any fundamentals..a sort of sector rotation.. AGL was 105 a week back..Now 153? These moves are unsustainable..If I was long I would book profits soon.
Hali
Super Contributor
I think this commodity bubble is overdone..this was more a rally based on money allocation rather then any fundamentals..a sort of sector rotation.. AGL was 105 a week back..Now 153? These moves are unsustainable..If I was long I would book profits soon.
Not applicable
You are right on the profit taking strategy - Resource counters are volatile, and are not great trend followers. As to whether we are overdone, it is all about the US$, and as long as aunty Janet refrains from raising rates, and as long as the Chinese continue to relax their currency peg strategy, I think the US$ is likely to continue to weaken, and resources will continue, as always, to benefit.