Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ECB

Rams
Super Contributor
its time...
20 REPLIES 20
Rams
Super Contributor
European Central Bank announces €60bn a month of quantitative easing...
koos2
Super Contributor
must be really bad , you going short?
Rams
Super Contributor
do you trade intraday?
koos2
Super Contributor
only, these 500 point gaps with a further 1000 plus points to the gap side is no other way, telekoms und eskom problems aside.
Not applicable
Well, that was an unexpected reaction! What have now, IMO, is a currency war of sorts. Money is going to flow out of the US into Europe. The dollar is going to weaken, and resources will gain. So start going long in the resource dept, IMO. Alternatively, those crazy norte americanos could counter this, with a new round of QE themselves. But that would just be daft, wouldn't it! All in all, good time to be long in shares!
klapka
Super Contributor
Markets like it.
Rams
Super Contributor
The ECB President concedes that markets have already priced in QE because the expectation was so strong, but, he says, we havenÂ’t seen all of the upside (theguardian).
klapka
Super Contributor
Mediterranean markets like this the most.
Not applicable
I have it the other way round, money is flowing out of Europe...look at the EURUSD it tanked...USD Index is rallying as people are looking for safety, they hate the idea that there money is becoming worthless with these stimulus packages.
Even if you disagree about what people are thinking the BOJ and ECB have a net of roughly ($60 + $50) $100 billion dollars a month of stimulus programmes in place that strengthens the US Dollar.

We should see a bull market with US Dollar over the next 2 years as BOJ and ECB keep artificially weakening their own currency, hence strengthening the dollar
Not applicable
the US Fed has also made it very clear that they are in a tightening/normalizing cycle. Hiking interest rates would further give rise to the US Dollar as well. Any reversal in policy (like new stimulus) would undermine any confidence they have in the US.
Rams
Super Contributor
BCO1, would you rather be in a trillion dollar debt cycle, If Draghi says we have not seen all of the upside yet, then most probably we have not. Go back, do some more research, and you will find that you will be making more informed comments( and maybe more in the green) if you really in the market.No room for mumbo jumbo guesswork, take a position, put up your money, and manage the risk.
Not applicable
...?
its hard to take anything serious from you when you tell people to make informed comments when you yourself make comments about the fed minutes without admittedly not having read them.

Then theres the "wild swings" on a market that was closed, and the "WE WILL SEE 46000 by xmas", which went from 45,500 to 41,500 and you still called it up all the way

If your best arguement is that "Draghi said theres more upside" it clearly means that you dont understand whats going on in this market, the differences between Emerging and Developed markets and the influences of stimulus.
Rams
Super Contributor
Eh eh, I had my Christmas rally in New York when the DOW made a new high! As for ECB, would you rather have a trillion dollar debt? And how are you positioning yourself in this market with regards to your views, are you buying , selling or just waiting for the "Crash" ? Did you trade the Euro's slide and why did you not inform us before ECB , so we could have all made some money.What position will you take today on the ALSI?
koos2
Super Contributor
@Rams, in $ the topi is down about 11% from 30jun'14, yet you persist in comparing it with these mexican markets run by Guido (up 5.25%), it might be time not to be a hero...
Not applicable
seriously?? the DOW made a new high and suddenly your right?
Every other market was down on the christmas rally and your call was on the ALSI as well...

Im not sure I understand your comment on the trillion dollar debt cycle, as we HAVE a trillion dollar debt now and USA already has $17 trillion dollars of debt already, so we are in a debt trap already and eventually somebody has to pay the pied piper.

But my views are thats its better to go through deflation, do tax and social reforms, pay off the debt than this rubbish.
This mentality always ends in a burst and it only creates speculation causing greater pain in the end.
Stimulus is like scotch tape, a temp fix, doesnt solve anything
koos2
Super Contributor
Short 4 all accounts
Rams
Super Contributor
I have no money on where the ALSI is other than intraday .I actually would be ok with the market sinking even more, simply becos I have no overnight derivative positions, I have lots cash to buy the actual share when it hits my levels, technical and fundamental, and I am in no hurry ; the ALSI is there everyday to make some quick money. Risk, I have none. What's your strategy , risk wise.
koos2
Super Contributor
risk is like air : neutral is risk , so is long / short , thus manage it on whatever time frame i choose or get forced to (eskom/telekoms/silliness). Anyway, alsi keeps me of drugs, so..
koos2
Super Contributor
Rams, we need to talk about your TPS reports, the coversheet seems to be missing today.