Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Standard Bank blocked our business without any valid reason or prior warning

3 REPLIES 3
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good afternoon, @Schmidhauser.

We deeply regret the level of service you have thus far got; we would prefer to deliver a higher level of service.

So that we can promptly escalate this situation for you, we require your contact information.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have given you.

Best regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank team

Schmidhauser

My account is blocked for reasons unknown to me.  I have wages to pay in a week with a 150 staff.  

I am very worried.  

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Devank.

We sincerely apologize for the kind of service you have thus far received; this is not the kind of service we would like to provide.

We need your contact information so we can urgently escalate this situation for you.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincere regards,

Fana.

Team Standard Bank

Devank

This is the reason why Im closing both my bersonal and business account with Standard Bank. In December our business came to a complete standstill. Standard Bank Fraud Department blocked all incoing and out going payments. We run a legit small business. I have been with standard bank since school days and our business has been with standard bank since inception. We have not been given a valid reason as to how this happened. I had to spend 2 days making long phone calls to no avail until I put up a hellopeter post. This is not how we do business. If someone buys from us and we supply the goods then the contract for been fulfilled and payment is ours. If the person who bought from us is blocked then why the hell should our entire be blocked. How are we expected to run a business? I am your customer. You should be protecting my interests. Guptas stole billions. How long did it take before Standard bank blocked their accounts? Your fraud team is useless. They conat communicate and they take too **bleep** long to do anything to assist clients.