Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Verify Banking Details on Online Banking

63 REPLIES 63
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good afternoon, @MUAMARGADDAFI.

We appreciate you contacting us.

You can obtain your account information in several ways.

To get your account information, you can use the following platforms: 

• You can use our self-service platforms such as mobile app/ cellphone banking/ Internet banking.
  • You can visit your nearest ATM and use your bank card for your account information.
  • You can visit your nearest branch with your ID book.

We sincerely hope that helped.

Kind regards

Team Standard Bank.

MUAMARGADDAFI

HELLO I JUST NEED MY BANK DETAILS I LEFT MY CARD AT MY PLACE SO I'M AT WORK NOW MY NAME IS NAPE REAGAN NKGABANE MY EMAIL ADRESS IS NKGABANENAPEREAGAN@GMAIL .COM

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day, @Sterson.

We value the time you took to introduce yourself.

We put a lot of effort into providing you with the finest service possible and continue building a reliable and secure system for online banking.

Please be aware that your digital profile needs to be updated by our team because it keeps retrieving information that is out of current.

To update your digital profile, please contact our staff by calling 0860 123 000 and selecting options 3 and 4.

Please let us know as soon as you speak with any of our employees.

Regards

Standard Bank Team

Sterson

I don't even have a card, it's just that my bond for my house is with Std Bank. They issued a card at the time but I've never used it and certainly don't know where it ended up.

So I know I can't even login to check my bond balance.

How is this bank even in business, I am in software engineering is this is ludricrous and certainly no security feature I can assure you.

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good afternoon ina44.

We appreciate you alerting us about this.

We'd like to assist you. Please email us at [email protected] for further assistance.

We really hope that the information is useful.

Regards,

Team Standard Bank

ina44
New Contributor
While in Europe, I'm unable to verify my card details to access my accounts! As a 79 year old, can't afford thousands of rands on call cost!
williams_1234

Yes please STANDARD BANK, why is login, password,OTP and card with pin details needed when signing in???

Scuberdiver-96
I am trying to get back on to my app
LadyVee
Hi
My mobile app is asking me to resign in & asking information such as card number & pin.
I find this very worrying as my pin is for my knowing only.
Is this legit?
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good afternoon, @Frans81.

We appreciate you contacting us.

You can obtain your account information letter in several ways.

See a few examples below:

• access the app,
  • To view your account information and balance, tap the tile.
  • Click view your documents in the scroll-down menu.
  • You should check the tax certificate, statements, and the letter of bank confirmation.

If you didn't link or add your account to your mobile app. Please dial 0860 123 000 and select option 3, then 3.

We sincerely hope that helped.

Kind regards

Fana.

Team Standard Bank.

Frans81
Red5
New Contributor

Also for those that do not know what the number of the first card that was used to create their profile was - but that do have the SB app - refer to my post of ‎20-02-2023 05:18 PM which describes how you can find your 'linked card' number even if it no longer the card you currently use (e.g. that card is expired / lost) - the first 'linked card' number is displayed within the app from the 'Manage Cards' section of the app. 

Red5
New Contributor

Hi - I am in same position and also had the same problem.

The response I finally got (some days later, and only after my Private Banker had intervened to get a solution) - was that it is only the card that was first used to create your online banking profile that is required (not the card currently in use) - and the PIN for that card - that will enable you to proceed. 

You have mentioned that you don't have those - I found I was able to access my bank account via the Standard Bank app using my SA mobile phone and then this additional login was not required.  It was not very convinient doing everything on the app.

So if you have already linked your South African mobile phone to internet banking then you can access your account via the app.

If you do not have a South African mobile phone already linked to your account then I'm afriad you won't be able to use the app and without the original card /PIN combination then you are effectivly locked out until SB either (i) change your profile to replace the old card number with your current card number, or (ii) actively remove the check - which from the other psost is something that they will not do. 

I hope you have your SA phone and it is linked to your account ! 

PS - I eventually found that once I was accessing my bank via the app then the requirement to enter the card/PIN combination was removed, BUT it was replaced with a requirement to then always have my SA mobile with the app available to validate the QR code that replaces it. So now I must carry my SA mobile with me when outside of the country just to be able to use internet banking, but unfortunatley this 2 factor authentication is commonplace, my UK bank also requires their banking app to be active when using internet banking from a laptop.       

SilindileMbo
Community Coordinator

We understand that, so we would recommend that you get in touch with us via Twitter or Facebook. You can share your email address via our direct message and we would be able to urgently attend to the matter and assist you.

N3tti3
New Contributor
My email address is the one that is registered to the account j***********@gmail.com, I am not going to publish it on the open forum.

Please let me know if this is going to be a problem.
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @N3tti3.

We apologise for any inconvenience you have experienced with our internet banking.

We would like to understand the specific issues you are facing in order to assist you better.

Please provide us with your email address so that we can work towards a solution. 

We are looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Fana

N3tti3
New Contributor

I live and work overseas currently.  I went to do my online banking on the 1st of the month only to be faced with a new feature asking for the card that is linked to my account and the pin.  The frustration is I have no idea what card is linked to that account never mind the pin.  I saw the previous post asking customers to email [email protected] with the heading "International card and pin Confirmation" which I did on the 3rd July and then a follow-up today but to no avail.  In the meantime I need to transfer funds to my elderly father and pay accounts.  I am so dissapointed in the bank at the minute and I am sincerely considering moving all my banking over to Thyme.  If there is anyone out there that can assist I would be so grateful.

Boipelo23
Community Coordinator

Hi @Odette99 

Thank you so much for coming back to us. We are so glad your matter has been resolved. 

Should you need assistance in future, our team is always here to assist.

Regards,

Boipelo.

Standard Bank Team

Odette99
New Contributor

@Boipelo23 - many thanks for your reply - my issue has now been resolved but appreciate you sharing the [email protected] email.

FYI - I needed to use the 9 digits of my card number (after the space) - ignoring the first and last few digits - not the full 16 digits to successfully pass the validation.

Boipelo23
Community Coordinator

Hi @Odette99 

We appreciate you coming to us.

We can imagine how frustrating this is for you and our team would love to step in and ensure your issues are resolved.

Kindly send an email to [email protected] with a subject line 'International card and pin confirmation'. Please include your ID and contact details so our team can get back to you and further assist.

Kind regards,

Boipelo.

Standard Bank Team