Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

How do I get Standard Bank to not ignore me?

15 REPLIES 15
Moonlightress
Occasional Contributor

Hi @FanaM1 

I don't yet have access; it's a process.
But I'm celebrating that after years, Standard Bank actually engaged with me, replied to an email, called me on the phone and gave me a chance to prove my identity. It's a big step. Even here it took two months, so the wheels turn very slowly, but never mind, it has now happened.

So thank you. :)

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Moonlightress.

Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.

It gives us great pleasure to learn that our team was able to assist you and that you now have access to your banking app.

I am sorry for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we worked to find a solution.

Please let us know if you require any other support.

Regards,

Fana.

Moonlightress
Occasional Contributor

Hi @FanaM1 

OMG, I was contacted and it's being fixed! I am so happy! 

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Have a great day!

Moonlightress
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @FanaM1 

I emailed you again this afternoon and gave the link to this thread.

My email is moonlightress @ gmail.com

Karen

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @Moonlightress.

I truly apologise for not coming back to you.

Please confirm your email address so that we can monitor your email and serve you as soon as possible.

It is long late, and your situation should have been settled by now.

We eagerly await your response.

Regards,

Fana.

Team Standard Bank

Moonlightress
Occasional Contributor

Hi again @FanaM1 

It's been two weeks now; the story keeps repeating itself.

Would you know when someone is going to reply to my email?

And are you able to tell me the reason why Standard Bank ignores me, over and over and over?

It's my PENSION.

Moonlightress
Occasional Contributor

@FanaM1  - thank you

I thought I had replied here, but it seems not.

I did write to the email you gave me (on 29 Aug) and gave my contact details.

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning @Moonlightress.

Please send your contact details to [email protected].

Kindly notify us after you have forwaded so that we can assist you further.

Regards,

Fana.

Team Standard Bank

Moonlightress
Occasional Contributor

Thank you @FanaM1 .

Is there a way I could send this information to you privately? Message? Email? Some other way?

I'm not keen to put my email address and contact details out here on an open forum. But will gladly provide them privately.

Thanks

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Moonlightress.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and please accept my apologies for the level of service provided thus far.

Please provide your email address and contact details.

I'd want to look into this situation for you.

I eagerly await your response.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

Moonlightress
Occasional Contributor

@FanaM1 

Hi.

A month has now gone by since I wrote to you, and I have waited patiently.

But this is a continuation of the problem I raised in the first place. I'm being ignored again.

I'm not being unreasonable. You are holding onto my pension money, while ignoring me. It's actually appalling.

Is anyone going to get back to me and actually help me?

Karen

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Moonlightress.

In order for our staff to properly help, kindly submit it to [email protected] and don't forget to include the subject line.

Please remember to include all the responses as well.

We forward hearing from you.

Regards,

Fana.

Team Standard Bank

Moonlightress
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @SilindileMbo  

To which email address should I send this?

And can I forward the correspondence I have had with Standard bank so far?

SilindileMbo
Community Coordinator

Hi Moonlightress,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We are sorry to hear that you are not pleased with our services and we understand your frustration. We would like to urgently assistant you in resolving this matter, may you please send us an email on with the subject line "Community engagement | internet banking". Please include your ID number and international contact numbers we can reach you on. Please note due to the fraud averting strategies we have in place, you will be required to pass our authentfication process and provide all the neccessary documents before we can make any changes to the account.

Best regards

Silindile

Standard Bank Team

Moonlightress
Occasional Contributor

I've just found this forum/ community. I'm really hoping I can get someone from the bank to engage with me and not drop me.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Moonlightress
Occasional Contributor

I have lost access to my internet banking due to me stupidly forgetting my password and getting locked out.

I've been in email contact with the bank about this for about 2 years. (2 years! I'm not even exaggerating.)

They ask me for identification details, which I supply. They stop replying to me as soon as I say I do not have an SA cell number as I am in Europe and this means I cannot come into a branch.

I try again periodically and the cycle repeats, "it is my pleasure to assist you, please give me your cell number and we will call you back." And then contact dies again and I am ignored again. I've tried phoning. I can't get past "please enter your SA cell number". BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE AN SA CELL, I am in Europe.

I understand fraud problems and security, but I've been a customer for decades. And they won't even make any effort to verify my identity. They won’t get back to me at all.

What am I suspposed to do, when they won't talk to me and keep ignoring me? I've completely lost access to my account my pension payouts come into.