Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Electricity purchase

5 REPLIES 5
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good afternon, @Fisonosi.

What problem are you running into when attempting to buy electricity? We would like to check into this more because there haven't been any reported problems with prepaid cards as of yet.

Email us at [email protected] with the subject "Community inquiry | Prepaid purchase error" and any possible error messages you may be receiving.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

Fisonosi
Same here I'm so frustrated 😭
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Treveeno1.

Thank you for responding to our letter.

Can you kindly let us know which municipality you were attempting to buy power from so that we can help you more effectively?

We are anticipating hearing from you.

Regards,

Fana.

Team Standard Bank

Treveeno1
New Contributor
On Saturday my daughter used the app to purchase electricity and was not successful. Her friend purchased it using the capitec app. Yesterday I tried 4x and was not successful. Eventually my wife purchased it using the nedbank app. Basically after putting in all the details and then confirming the purchase, you get a message saying the transaction was not successful due to a technical error and it asks you to try again later.
ReneilweM
Contributor

Hi Treveeno1, thank you for reaching out to us.

What issue are you experiencing when trying to purchase electricity? We currently do not have any prepaid reported issues, and we would like to look closer into this.

Kindly drop us a message on our social media platforms, send an email to [email protected], contact our call centre on 0860 123 000 or visit the branch so we may offer further support.

Kind Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Treveeno1
New Contributor
Why is there an issue to purchase electricity on the app. This has been like this from the 1st. Is anyone else having the same issue.