Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

12% DROP

Hibiscus
Regular Contributor
Does any one have any explanation why?? please
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Maybe CE John Gomersall's statement on 12 July about National Credit Act "dampening demand for cement" ? OMO
0 Kudos
earlyret
Regular Contributor
There seems to be a big seller in the market pushing it down...
0 Kudos
Hibiscus
Regular Contributor
Maybe the big seller has the same problem I have. Due to the unbundling of PPC from BAW I am suddenly directly over exposed to PPC. To keep balanced composition I will have to sell a few as well. Timing is not right now
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Could this be a sign? although Perhaps only for a few months until summer that the Building Trade is peaking a bit? What about the Construction Stocks like MUR with those high PE's? I am tempted to short MUR.
0 Kudos
Hibiscus
Regular Contributor
I will be hesitant to do it. Construction sector will only grow over the next few years. Maybe short term yes
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Hibiscus. You are more than likely correct. However one cannot deny there is quite a bit of future growth built into the price of MUR already. If something had to happen and MUR lost contracts overseas or here then we could see a different story perhaps? Cheers, BTTB.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I happen to agree with you chance of an unside surprise is small compared to a down side surprise and we all know how this market hates surprises.
0 Kudos