Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ALL PLATINUMS

barry_1
Super Contributor
I'm reminded of the plat/gold boom of the early,middle nineties,then with shares such as Kroondal,Barplats ,Messina and Kalahari gold mines(forgotten actual names) etc.Kroondal was good the rest were poor prospects,however it was boom times for plats and small golds and their shares moved up sharply as each new listing hit the market.THIS IS THE STAGE WE HAVE REACHED NOW.I suggest we all speculate and buy each new mine exploration company as they hit the market,never mind their prospects as they seem to all almost triple in price within a very short period,then move on to the next one.It does not seem as if the resource boom is going to end any time soon,how ever end it will,so lets have fun and make good profits while it lasts!
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Russ
Super Contributor
About 3 months ago I posted something to the effect of "I hope everyone is aboard the resource train. It's going to be a good ride for the next 15-20 years".I have gone heavily into resources (about 90 % of my portfolio)since then and some have already showed good gains (WEZ,MRF,PAM,MTX,SCH). Others havn't really taken off yet (AFO,CMO,MMH) but I am waiting patiently for their time is coming.I agree with you. I think we might,however, have a pullback coming-if so this will be a buying opportunity.I am also not taking profits because the future still looks good.omo
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Hi Russ,i've just read some of your previous posts ,u are correct good shares to be into at the moment.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
How about a new share resources club? Add your name to this post.NIKWE(or something like is one of the plats coming we should target) when it launches.At the moment its involved in litigation over mineral rights with AngloPlats ,They are trying to Browbeat AMS into giving them some farms to launch a mine on!The idea of the NRC(new resources club)would be to alert all members of any info one has.
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
What are the ups on getting into Impala,Eland or Northam today. i would like to go into a ssf with imp but keep missing my call. Is AMS ssf a better bet than IMP.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
IMP and AMS are large caps,not what i exactly had in mind and i no nothing about SFFs,how ever i do have warrants on these shares.IMP is coming up for its final div in about Sept and AMS its interim.AMS is very volatile,but better known overseas and thought to have more potential than IMP which has most of its future reserves in Zimbabwe.The latest i heard is that Mugabe is not now satisfied with 51% ,but wants it all owned by locals,frightening away all mining groups and industries that might have invested!This will not effect the pay outs for a couple of years yet.I have a longer term warrant on IMP which i prefer.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Wow watch Eland go 9.9% up today!
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Yet another cautionary from these okes seem to keep the momentum going, just when profit taking starts to kick in!
0 Kudos