Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Absa heading for glory

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
if better then expected, we rally .. if worse, things get interesting .. at the moment the market is ignoring bad news, so depends how badly they miss .. due before the US opens, so before 3.30pm ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I can tell you now its gona be better than expected. 100%
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yaya .. by a smidgen ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the question is: Is better than expected priced in already? The market rallied when Meredith Whitney upgraded Goldman Sachs because she said the results are going to be better than expected. Im short at R113-00. Not looking like a good move now. But lets see where it goes. Stop is at 118
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ignore GS, focus on your stop .. if hit exit .. tis all noise .. price is the only thing ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
$4.93....beat estimates by over a dollar
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
even with GS good results the dow or GS shares did not do anything so maybe all news already priced in
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I dont think its been priced in,GS will fly later this afternoon..Its taking a while for the brains like Simon to get the whole view on the earnings..Whats it made up off,etc
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah, maret responds immediately .. an then there is the tail .. but always an immediate response .. was most likely priced in last nigth after the upgrade ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon as an expierienced trader,how would you interpret news such as "ASA loses 44bps of advances" etc. would u take advantage of the oppertunity?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I ignore news an that statement you quote means nothing to me anyways ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
He he he, I was expecting that response, I got that quote from Std Bnk's Daily Standard simonthenewsignoringonlypricetrader
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So Simon where do you see the banking going in the next week or so??Set new 52 week highs?? or pullback??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I don't look forward because simply I can not see into the future so it's just a guess which is worthless .. I am long this market an all I do now is manage the exit ..
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Simon are you Still long the orignal lazy system or a new entry from yesterday? thx
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
went long monday at 4.30 .. no exit as yet ..
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
thx simon,But why on Monday though? i see the 15ema only crossed yesterday.. correct me if im wrong.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
crossed friday at close, so that was trigger .. confirmation was green on monday at 4.30 ..
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Can I ask a question re ma crossover......what time periods do you use as an entry point for the short over the long ....I am currently using 9 and 21 days.
0 Kudos