Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Am I right...

jack12
Super Contributor
I aint got a clue, but AGL got some steam, must check the charts again, see banks are turning
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
This is very concerning! looks like i'm gonna have to take my loss again.loss after loss after loss..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
For example, say you have R1,000 to invest. This amount could be invested in 10 shares of AGL stock at R 100 a share, but to increase leverage, you could invest the R1,000 in options contracts let say 10:1 . You would then buy 100 share of AGL with your R 1000.00 investment
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Good to know I'm not the only one. Dow futures almost up 1%.
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
Hennie i understand the term leverage but find it difficult to answer your quetion.Help me out here and teach me something new for the day. Calculation of leverage 101: Portfolio value 200k Margin 100k exposure 800k leverage ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
The market is turning, they say ,dont run where angels fear to tread.
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
there's your answer then hennie.Why do you wanna know?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I don't see the market turning. Dow futures on 5min near resistance, if it breaks, SBK will receive more of my money. Think they'll accept it as a payment on me car instead of taking it from my short position?
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
Jack,in which direction is it turning? i can't see anything?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Dont worry mate done the same thing last year (all my eggs in one basket) and lost 250k still havent made it back up, but i tell you what im a lot wiser today.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Had it as 1.5 m ( post above ) ? 8:1 gives you 12 m expo
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Eddie, looks like you need to re-evaluate your greed margin. Maybe go for 15% if its at 20% now or at 7 to 8 % if its at 10%. This way you get smaller trades more often with a bteer return. Wise old saying, "pennies maak die pond" (small gains consistantly will out perform any huge risky one-off profit)...OMO
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
hennie,my exposure is 1.5m and I used 260k to get that exposure.What is it that you don't understand?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Like i said had it as 1.5 m used
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Eddie are you in futures or options?
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Have faith young one, do not be afraid of the big bad wolf,, we tanking yet, how the volumes doing?
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
whats the difference Vital? I'm in futures.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I don't have figures on volumes, sorry.
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
Are you talking to me Jack? But I am affraid,the wolf is huffing and puffing,and my house is made out of straw...Don't see anything tanking,but I'm not gonna close my position.I'm gonna make it smaller to 1m,my first lesson ;)
0 Kudos