Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Any stats on when panick sets in?

Not applicable
Are there any stats like !0 percent drop in week and can be 70 percent sure panick will set in etc?
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I was hoping for a black Tuesday today - but US has still got to open so there's hope.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Panic surely comes first, then the drop
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
The US didn't make its usual retracement of the previous day's losses ... this looks pretty gloomy to me.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Would this be an unclosed gap? i.e. a downside breakaway gap? (I don't have detailed charts).
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
57perc-loud shrieking; 38perc-sobbing; 15perc-stuff trickling down the leg. Oh, you meant in the markets?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Presuming the gap rule still applies - and presuming we don't suddenly rally on a MPC decision to cut rates or something ... I'd call it a break-away. But until tomorrow is finished and closes lower than today, I won't be surprised to see a sudden swing trade. Currently hovering on a temporary support level.
0 Kudos
grommet
Regular Contributor
want to see panic just look at the agri safex
0 Kudos
grommet
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Just exited my short. Took 31% profit. Will re-enter if more downside or chill and wait for Simons trigger.
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
fed MPC starts today. Wont see any kind of reversal until that is done on thurday and also waiting to find out if bernanke get reappointed (he will but its not certain till its announced) I suspect we'll drop or at least trend down slowly until after that.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Gap close comming up me thinks.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I'm long again, where's the exit?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Oi - don't just take my word on it - lol. Hope you got a stop. My target - 24350, or wherever we are at 4-20
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Ftse gapped up. US futures still red but moderately on the rise. I'm keeping an eye out.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I'm looking out for a higher high on the Dow 15 mins to confirm the trade is safe.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Hope there's enough liquidity to take us out and the market maker doesn't dissappear at a crucial time.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I didn't get my confirm, and I exited. Must go home now.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Tomorrows another day. Enjoy
0 Kudos