Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Are SandJ shareholders insane, or do they know things I dont?

TTrader
Occasional Contributor
Today S&J is trading at 525, means that someone out there who owns S&J shares is prepared to sell his/her share at 7% below its investment value in First Uranium mine... which is a listed share in TX and JSE so its value is pretty much what the market regards it fair value to be and which equates to R5.56 value of the S&J share price. So these people are giving away 30c per share gleefully. Are they stupid or am I? Someone please help me here. For those that want to tell me its the gold price...forget it. There is zip,zero, nada, nill value attached for their gold assets or potential in the S&J share price. So if the gold price drops or rises it should also make zip differnce to the share price. My interpretation is that the shareholders are making uneducated decisions and are reckless with their investment decisions... ala PAN going to R3.50 plus... when it UK price was 11p at that time. I just dont think people are doing their homework and making decisions on whim, rumour, fear etc.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Taurus
Super Contributor
So you..Mister Wise guy wants to be the guy to say the market is wrong and you know what they dont!!???....hahaha
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
go look at Imu and see just how wrong the market can get it.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
IMU is exactly what i mean...the market drove it to 7c because thats where it belongs..maybe even lower
0 Kudos
TTrader
Occasional Contributor
Guys, Im looking for an intelligent answers, not reteric. I dont think Im Mr Wise Guy and I dont pretend to know everything, hence why I ask and pose the question, 'are the S&J shareholders insane' in that they are selling shares which are at market related valued at R5,56 (this can be calculated to the cent by valuing the stock exchange listed investments) for less than its intrinsic value. An answer to my question would be appreciated. TTrader
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you seldom see a direct flow through of value (REM always trades at discount to NAV). This is due to costs fo the flow
0 Kudos