Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

BIL/RIO

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
BHP BILLITON UP 0.9 PCT AFTER WSJ REPORT RIO TINTO MAY LAUNCH COUNTERBID FOR BHP
RIO TINTO DOWN 1.6 PCT AFTER WSJ REPORT RIO MAY LAUNCH COUNTERBID FOR BHP BILLITON

hunter now hunted ?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Brazen
Super Contributor
God bless 'em. Shoulda bought more yesterday, must buy more today. I see mucho chuckles in my future. What the heck, I'll post you a pack.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Kloppers is giving his first SA press conference since becoming ceo, at the Michaelangelo tomorrow. His press dudettes say nothing new on the cards or announcements expected - ie - they are not going to react to the report because its either not true, or they have no info onnit. But anyone with a fake press ID - Michaelangelo at 9am tommora.
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
So a few directors loose their jobs and head office charlies, the share holders are the same folks and the daaamn lawyers score large,lol. It still strikes me that they dont see value in their products for much longer and are protecting each others long term survival through growth from the merger.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Any further news or do we have to wait for the Sunday papers to find out what was said at the press conference?
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Rio intend talking on Monday, save your R9.40 till the following week,lol.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'm in although I am waiting for slight drop on Monday before buying .... predict it will bottom out at 21750 and rise above 22000 :-)
0 Kudos
MichaelR
Regular Contributor
Helicopter crash in Angola yesterday and 5 people killed from BIL operations suspended there, not sure what that will do to price in the short term I am also in the market to buy.
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Morning punters, shes up 1% in Sydney. Condolances to the families of those lost in Angola. PD.
0 Kudos
MichaelR
Regular Contributor
Copy paste from BIL website Australia, so good news I think...... ""BHP Billiton today announced first oil production from its operated Stybarrow project offshore north west Australia. The Stybarrow project involves a nine well subsea development and a Floating Production Storage and Offtake (FPSO) facility, the Stybarrow Venture with capacity of approximately 80,000 barrels of oil a day.""
0 Kudos