Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

BREAKING NEWS

Big_Bucks
Super Contributor
Hi can anyone please advise which is the best site to get the most current breaking financial and other news such as stimulus announcements, major M&A, key data releases, etc. as this has an almost instant effect on highly risky and speculative barrier warrants in which I enjoy trading. I often get to know long after the fact on the money show with Bruce Whitfield. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
twitter.com
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you would generally have to pay for these kinds of priviliges, so bloomberg subscription or reuters.

As far as free stuff goes, like Simon said, Twitter followings to CNN, Bloomberg, etc would be your best option.

Youll never be faster than the market though, hedge funds get information days before you do...look at oil and how it got sold off the day(s) before the OPEC meeting.
0 Kudos
kokkie
Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
In my opinion no matter what news service you use you'll almost always find out after its been priced into the market and trading news is almost impossible to do apart from the few times you might get lucky. In my opinion the price is the only truth and you should focus on that only for this type of trading.
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
'Breaking News" is rarely of lasting importance and even if it were a considered response generally beats a knee-jerk reaction so go to the beach and ignore the noise - and cliches of course!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
does knowing about breaking news first matter or knowing how to manage the price knowing it will be factored in and so will peoples reactions?
0 Kudos
Big_Bucks
Super Contributor
Thanks for the responses, when trading Barrier Warrants very little matters other than the immediate reactions of the "investors/traders" there is always a massive reaction (often overdone) and if you have your finger on the pulse one can often bag gains of 15-30% per day. This is not "investing" but I am happy to cash in regardless.
0 Kudos
Big_Bucks
Super Contributor
Thanks for the responses, when trading Barrier Warrants very little matters other than the immediate reactions of the "investors/traders" there is always a massive reaction (often overdone) and if you have your finger on the pulse one can often bag gains of 15-30% per day. This is not "investing" but I am happy to cash in regardless.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
That style of trading is more suited to index futures trading
0 Kudos