Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Banks and Financials.

barry_1
Super Contributor
In all the turmoil of the last couple of weeks,financial shares performed the best,i.e. being less volatile,although they did come down.As the market on the whole is still "cooking" these shares will continue to do well.I've been afraid of new legisation that might affect the banking shares that will be introduced this winter,but now i feel they will easily overcome any new constraints placed on them.Banks in particular areon undemanding PEs and look to improve further.At the moment i'm undecided between SBK and NED which i should invest in.!
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
barry_1
Super Contributor
On the financial side with Coronation etc it is also difficult to say which share will do the best,how ever i've started purchasing BJM as it is always likely to do well.Its PE ratio is an undemanding 9.12.When the market has sent warning shots across our bows as last couple of weeks it is better to turn to shares that pay good dividends as there is likely to be a pull back again.Declaration near end May.
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
Barry...have you looked at RMH?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Hi,thanks ,not yet but i think i saw some where that they are a better buy than FNB,i'll definitely look into it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
Thanks barry. While looking at the banks, I saw that NED is signalling a buy in my EOD system. SBK is set up nicely as well. Will be going long NED later today if things stay the same.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Have a look at ADW's results out today. Seems a nice niche operation in the financial services arena. Maybe good for a small punt on a one-year view? Certainly enjoying rapid growth and market acceptance - could be another Capitec in the making.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thanks for all the advice,i'll certainly weigh it all up carefully,i must say RMH seems atractive and would be my first choice for safety,NED seems so inovative these days on their come back trail.SBK is old faithful and i feel is very dependable once i purchase will keep for a full year.i might go for two,will make my decision early next month.Will look at all financials as well ,on a shorter basis up to LDT etc.
0 Kudos