Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Better chance to make money betting on the Boks than from playing shares

CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
For those wanting to be sure of a win a vast number of betting permutations are available: Boks win with England first to score in the game; Boks win with Percy to score first for the Boks; Boks win with larger than 9 points margin on final whistle; Boks to win with Habana scoring more than 3 tries; Boks to win with England having had two yellow tickets during the second half of the game; Boks to win with no score against them in first half. and so on. My money is on the Boks.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
In the short term I would be long BOKS and short ROSES. :P But once the French Connection is over I expect White to be picking ROSES instead of BOKS, which may or may not make ROSES better for the long term.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hmmm, boks a good bet but at 1/3 odds you never know. is it really worth risking R30000 to make R10000 only to find bakkies gets red carded in the 10th minute and we lose with 14 men thanks to the ref?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
There is no such thing as easy money. 1/3 odd is ridiculous.
0 Kudos
Q2W
Super Contributor
The real money was on England before the World Cup started!
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Odds for BOKS win with larger than 9 points margin on final whistle is 3 to 10.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
DO anyone want to know what the bookmaker does with your money that you wager on South africa?
0 Kudos
Picky
Regular Contributor
A gendarme in Paris last night pulled over a driver who had been weaving in and out of the traffic. He approached the car window and said "Sir I need you to blow into this breathalyzer". The man reaches into his pocket and produces a doctor's note. On it was written: "This man suffers from chronic asthma. Do not make him perform any action that may leave him short of breath". The gendarme said "Okay then I need you to come and give a blood sample" The man produced another letter. This one said: "This man is a haemophiliac. Please do not cause him to bleed in any way". So the officer said: "Right, I need a urine sample then". The man produces a third letter from his pocket. It read: "This man plays rugby for Australia, please don't take the piss out of him"
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ive still got my bet on england - R650 at 40/1 - needless to say I was hoping to hedge my bet with R20k on the bokke but was hoping for much better odds.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Shame on you for rubbing it in on the Ozzies. Clever stuff, will generate some creative thinking for the next speed fine - wonder what will come up when the wise men start posting?
0 Kudos