Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Buying Mandela R5 Proof Coins Any Good?

Not applicable
Hi Guys I am thinking of buying some R5 Mandela Proof Coins. What are the thoughts of the members on this forum about these coins? Worth investing in or not? Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
If your refering to the new birthday coin, the mint didn't make any, I already tried. If you do get, please, I also want one, as I collect Mandella's. Ta
0 Kudos
Salv
Frequent Contributor
I bought a 1/4 ounce mandela madalion abt a year and a half ago for R5250.00, Sa gold coin now quotes them at R10 000. Mandela sells, provided its a proof in its case and you do your research to make sure you not buying rubbish i would suggest it.
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
Use the same money and buy a plain ol kruger buddy, pretty soon people will only be interested in the ounce weight of gold you hold and not its facade.. OMHO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The mandela birthday coin is no PF but have seen these in MS 65,66 Have got some that i bought from SA Mint, mail me [email protected]
0 Kudos
chas
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos