Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Buying and selling 1 share...

Not applicable
Will these people buying and selling 1 share at a time please STOP IT already?!! They probably think they can manipulate the price of a share... I don't know how effective it is, but I do know it is VERY frustrating and irritating!!
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Not people on this forum - much too clever and respectful for such conduct.
0 Kudos
SALDANHA
Contributor
I have contacted the JSE regarding this, but their response to me is that, it is not market manipulation and they told me that I have no evidence to proof this. What can we do about this? I am investing my hard earned saving money on the JSE and than there is people out there, that trying to manipulate the prices. Is there anybody out there that can stop the manipulation on the JSE?. It is not a game!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
NO PROOF?!! They can just look at the sales on MTN today for instance. In fact, it's happening right now.
0 Kudos
SALDANHA
Contributor
Look at the sales on GRF today, it's happening. I have report this issue to Standardbank, they have told me that they have no control over dealings and that I must contact the JSE.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Could also be that orders are being filled up, take for example the 2899 transaction, filled up by 1 to equal 2900.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Only one way to not get cougt up ie stoploss triggers is to watch the volumes.If u r the seller and some ***** buys 1 of ur shares unfortunately nothing to do
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
mmmmm.......i have been caught out!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Preston, in that case, can I meet you tonight at 11:00 in a dark corridor?? I want to show you something...
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
You can, but remember i will have "viro padlock " at key area in my body.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
LOL...we are thinking along the same lines here. I want to show you this nice, new baseball bat I bought myself last week...
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Great, I have recently bought myself this R2000 shocker that send high voltage into the human body.
0 Kudos
SALDANHA
Contributor
Preston, thanks for your response, thanks for your response, thanks for your response!!!!! Can you please stop replying on this issue, we will appreciate it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sorry Saldanha...we sort of digrest a bit...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
I also contacted the JSE regarding this and the response back that traders were testing the price? What the *&^$&*^$ IS THAT! I did not get caught by this triggering stop losses or whatever, but that can really stuff you up. If you are a personal trader you have to realise you are small fish in a big see when billions get traded daily.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Gees Guy, I logged off at the wrong time.. I know the answer to your frustration but i will only tell ,if Kim, the Korean Beauty ,say something nasty to me. It does turn me on.... I promised that if Kim say something really nasty to me, I will reveal all. Your choice.. hey bout , great doing dude..welcome to the club. There is a few rule to be associated with this club.(all other) Rule 1. This is not a support club. All research and homework need to be done independently Rule 2. If you are adopting a serious mindset, may i suggest that all other forumite may not be too willing to share their knowledge. Rule 3. I am a follower of Super Idego (i am his trusty minnion) And last , enjoy the panel , before the money runs dry...We really do love visitors.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks Preston. I've been around for about a year now and if I can constantly make profits I hope to be around for much longer. I enjoy the posts and make some profits and losses from tips on this forum. Lately I do my own TA and hasn't looked back ever since. BOOKKKEE!!!!!
0 Kudos