Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CFD's

Robbie
Regular Contributor
Does anyone of you trade CFD's ? If yes, what's your experience with it ? This company called me today: www.idealcfds.com (Main office in UK, branch in JHB)
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Not applicable
be careful. Quite a few CFD trading houses have gone under recently (Dealstream, Purple/Global Trader). As I understand it, the problem is that the trade is not regulated (whatever that means) by the bourse. My interpretation of this is that your assurance that your contract will be honoured lies in the financial stability of hte trading house.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dealstream yes, but where did you hear about Global Trader?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Global Trader Europe goes under thanks to a margin call not honoured by a client. Since this industry is not regulated, there was no security in place to cover this trade, and the company went under. Not being a client, I don't know what the impact was, but I think a lot of people lost a lot of money. I mean, if you buy a contract to secure shares in the future at a set price, who guarantees that you will actually collect them, other than the company with whom you sign the contract?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Having said all that though, the CFD mechanism itself is a lot better than SSF's. You get divident exposure which is a great plus
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This site is 70s it is old *****
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dividends are built into the SSF pricing model. In effect, the holder of the long SSF does receive the dividend (and the holder of a short SSF has to pay the dividend) even though an explicit dividend entry does not appear on your statement.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Robbie this site has one of the best ta graphs avalible, had been on it for 6 months now. Get the demo and have a look at the real time charts under tools !! quiet nice
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
Het jy 'n rekening oopgemaak by hulle ? Stoffel Esterhuizen wat opleiding gee vir Sharetrakin gebruikers het my van hulle vertel en gesê hy sal dat hulle my bel. Hy het ook gesê hulle program het sulke goeie TA tools. Net sodra ek tyd het wil ek deeglik op die site kyk soos jy sê. Na aanleiding van wat iemand hierbo gesê het van die "veiligheid", sou jy sê 'n ou se geld is veilig by hulle ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Robbie die mense is deel van IG Market in London as ek reg kan onthou is Chartist met hulle en is en van die mees bekende in europa maar dit beteken nie daat hulle kan vou nie !!! jy het n rek by hulle
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
Trade jy online met hulle ? Indien wel, enige kommentaar ?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I trade with IGMarkets. Great service, good charts. All these Platforms have their downside largly cost of trade..but relative to SFM not that different but there are increadable advantages ..Like the fact you can earn pounds while living and trading here. If you live in the UK all profit is tax free. Finally they provide the cheapest black swan cover ever.. Just R60..
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Is it just me or do you also think a black swan has taken a large c*** on the markets?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Like a swarm of locust in a dust storm... And for just R60 bucks your stop is never breached and there is no slippage..How is that for a deal.
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
Can't be a black swan B as we knew this was coming.....could be a giant albatross discharging a load stenchy sardines on it tho'!
0 Kudos