Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CFR - stefan

sponono
Super Contributor
Either you have taken your 3% profits or you have moved your stop loss to your entry price: nothing worse than a profit turning into a loss.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
Oh, no, there is a whole bucket load worse than seing a profit turn into a loss. Seeing a rally after taking profit probably rates the highest. What rationale at all would you have had for exiting CFR other than a whim? How would your trading system recover from a lost opportunity? They are far more expensive mistakes than taking a loss on a trade (assuming you have stops, of course). Sponono, I am disappointed in you - I thought you were a Jesse Livemore fan?
0 Kudos
stefanb
Contributor
Hi. took profit at +-2% Will see what happens tomorrow, Maybe doing another trade with a very tight stop loss
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
went short yesterday at 7060 stop loss 7132 target 6200
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
how are you locking in your profits?
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
not worried about profits, worrying about risk management: move stop loss (automatic) to my entry price
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
by far , the worse is a draw-down when using a mechanical system.Based on risk/reward, hitting the stop loss is not painful, win turning into a loss is not painful, missing out on the rally is not painful because all of that can is in the trading system...but consecutive losses over a protracted period where your risk/reward is reversed, now thats pain...if you can get over that, then you could be very successful at trading...
0 Kudos