Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CFR?

gareth01
Regular Contributor
Why CFR up so much today, cant seem to find anything on SENS or on bloomberg? Cant be that it is so cheap that one is piling into it, just so overbought at present (and run up over 14% since Sept lows)....yes it is still down from its high of R46ish....but people must be very confident of the growth prospects being good....I am not convinced....staying out for the momement
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
ndabs
Frequent Contributor
well the technical side was good for a short term trade from around the 5th and still look good to add a bit more....anyway that's my view
0 Kudos
Not applicable
it has a lot to do with the Rand/Swiss franc exchange rate.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
nope. up 17% in both Switzerland and SA since 1 October
0 Kudos
gareth01
Regular Contributor
at least a small pullback happing from 42-60...but going to sit and wait for those R38 levels again (I am sure the EU are going to stand together - ???? jaja). Maybe they need assistance from Bryce Lawrence??? LOL
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
I stay with this one: Cash,China,Rupert,Rand Hedge!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Richemont is amazing, i would stay with this as well, i started buying a while back and think its a 'forever-company' - and then again i love their products :)
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I think this share is heavily overbought at the moment. I'm waiting for an opportunity to short this short term.
0 Kudos
gareth01
Regular Contributor
Also been adding to my already short position.....
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
Werner please buy their products.CFR needs you. There is more cost pressure on them than is spoken about and that's because the majority of the maisons buy parts for watches from bulk Swiss parts suppliers - about 4 in number.( The average good quality assembled watch contains about USD 130 in these parts...) These parts suppliers are baulking at their own infrastructure costs - so the fringe watchmakers who lack capital - will be under pressure. this could mean they will be bought out or disappear. Its over bought.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Maybe overbought, but for very long term CFR will remain a solid investment. It has fantastic controlling shareholders and executive management :) - btw: I have their products...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
me thinks brilliant short
0 Kudos
Not applicable
me thinks brilliant short
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
If you have any of their products you I'm sorry to inform you, but you overpaid. ;-)I have a very positive long term view on this company, but for the short term it should run out of steam pretty soon. Aren't you a Morgan Stanley and RIM fan ? I hope you sold out of RIM on a stop loss. Same for MS.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
If you have any of their products you I'm sorry to inform you, but you overpaid. ;-)I have a very positive long term view on this company, but for the short term it should run out of steam pretty soon. Aren't you a Morgan Stanley and RIM fan ? I hope you sold out of RIM on a stop loss. Same for MS.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
RIM i sold out many years ago, Morgan Stanley i dont like, JPMorganChase i do and hold shares in them for some time... Montblanc is fantastic! i dont really care if people think i overpaid for a pen or so, its quality is something unrivaled and its beautiful!
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I'm not jumping the gun on this short. I need to see it turn first. It could retrace all the way to 100% fib from it's high in July and then we could see R46. MACD and RSI need to turn before I pile in. Perfect short for this would be a turn on R45.60.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
short sale entry at a close below 4350?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
how did you establish that entry point
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
since 8/10 the stock has been doing higher lows and higher highs. yesterday's low was 4370. need a close below this low for short entry confirmation, right?
0 Kudos