Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Chartist, re BIL and PPC

Not applicable
Have you watched any of the two,?Time to go short on bil and long ppc?Any input will be appreciated thanks
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
I don't think long is a good option in the current environment... don't try and catch a falling knife. Did u make lotsa moolah when said to go short SBK? I believe BIL has much down side to come, target R153. I'd also like to hear what C says.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I agree. PPC approached major support around 36 and one should probably keep an eye on it for the next little while before taking a long position - I don't know if the public have approved of the plant expansion in Riebeeck-West which also might be a point worth taking. I've always been a bit scared of mining stocks as i'm quite young, have limited capital and am pretty new to the futures market. Having said that, I'm short EXX. When there is a possible Merger on the cards isn't it wise to short the predator (BHP) and go long on the prey (RIO)? I read that under a long-short hedge fund strategy. Thanks for your comment and in advance for your replies.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Kim...I dont have anything specific on these but I am doing 2 vids which will give you some tools to do the analysis yourself...
0 Kudos
jamoo
Frequent Contributor
great stuff chartist. can't wait to get tools.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks guys. i made 25% bilstb and 30% mtnsbj, sold today and yesterday, maybe to quikly out of bil, but my aim is 25% per trade .Chartist any info or tools greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
Yes I will wait a bit before shorting bil, it is running up on its own momentum currently
0 Kudos
Not applicable
org we have retraced past the 61.8% level which is a danger sign for shorting....good chance you get caught out...wait for the lows to get taken out
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
To the voices of reason. Thanks. Got out of my Bil long. Even made 3k after I was substantially down. My greed or lets call it unfeasible hope almost made me stay in (again).
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos