Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Chartist

john_1
Super Contributor
I owe you a beer. This has been a fantastic addition to my understanding.
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
Not applicable
Same here - referring to trading the gap...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
The next question is this, does the speed of the correction( gap close) determine the future dirrection with any tradable odds. Ie a 3 day close shows an unwillingness to retrace, so the unptrend will be quickly resumed or a quick retrace like now, show doubt about the bullishness of the gap in the first place.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Could buy Chartist a lot more than a beer with what I've made (and saved) on the gaps in the past week or so ... Thanks Chartist!!! If only I'd had this strategy on 22 March ...
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
If only DB would play along !!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Just call them I have been able to trade this morning despite the lack of live quotes.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Sure J-man, the oak told me. It is just that they seem to have to much problems too often.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
..... and there they k@k again !
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
True that I am putting things in place to trade the topi from off shore.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just be careful of trading the topi from offshore - the SARB and exchange control view this as an illegal "loop" structure ...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Tell me more. Prehaps email me. [email protected]
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Will do ...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Time to get yourselves a real trading platform....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
talking about owing me a beer...Hennie still owes me a bottle of single malt!!!!!
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
Are you using IG for ALSI/Index trades? Do they still have that horrific spread?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No that spread is laughable! I have signed up with guys that take as their cost (on the Alsi futures contract) 1 point. For this you get to use their platform and you can enter trades into the market yourself....you can see market depth...who is buying and who is selling and how much. Can also trade stock futures for .01% or R 200 min...cheap...one thing you gotta realize is that a bad trading platform is gonna cost you lots and lots... in terms of botched and badly executed trades....if you cannot, trade directly from a price, set defaults for the trade, enter multiple trigger levels, see where they are, and watch how and when your order is filled you are stuffed before you start...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Chartist, what platform do you use?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
its a custom written platform....I have only just started to use it ...once I have used it a bit longer I will give you feedback as well as details. A 1 point spread cost is the cheapest around...believe me I have done my homework.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Chartist, once you are finished testing please e-mail me the details to [email protected]. Thanks
0 Kudos