Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Continued... Alsi Sept Contract

Not applicable
Could we start a new thread? (92 on the last one). Thanks Rams for your on going comments. If you don't know already, other leading markets down for the day, Nikkei +500 pts down, HS +150 down, DJIA Futures around 50 pts down (they're in after hours trading). UK market opens in a few minutes.
0 Kudos
42 REPLIES 42
Rams
Super Contributor
3 down days on the ALSI ....today is a pancake day so far,,,,US will open with a gap....maybe this is the final sell off before the September rally...
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Gap on the DOW...more pancakes
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Surprising that our market seems relatively strong even though the Dow is still down and seems to be going further. I do you the DJIA futures as part of my trading strategy, only as an indicator.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My MACD on hourly chart did cross up at 36767, this afternoon. I don't trust it though, with Dow weakness in mind.
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
rams tend to agree with u, looks like next stage up.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
so ALSi trending up on hourly and 15 min...was yesterdays low the bottom of the recent downtrend...if the ALSI stays above 37100, then the long is long
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
but this slow grind means an explosive move is building up..the market just needs an excuse..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dow futures 15 522 was the 10 day MA line that needed to be crossed, turned down exactly there. Now there seems to be a rush for the exit. 15 460 as I write.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dow futures 15 522 was the 10 day MA line that needed to be crossed, turned down exactly there. Now there seems to be a rush for the exit. 15 460 as I write.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
am long, but there is still that gap that can close. US may open with a big Gap also, and the gaps can always bend the trend
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
37460 for gap trade and trend change...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
stop now moved into profit, so rest of day off until 17.30 if stop not hit
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
do u think we will get to 37460 before we get to 38500 ?
0 Kudos
Prestonmyhusban
Regular Contributor
yes, it terms of numerical sequence, that is how it should work.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Looks like another 'long' day today. Going to be interesting with plenty data coming out of UK, Europe then US.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Pancakes thus far...but suddenly everything looking up....even Bloomberg thinks Europe coming out of recession
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
38400 here we come......
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Will get there if we can stay above 37950...
0 Kudos