Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Correction soon?

CE
Super Contributor
DEP - have you decided bro, are you a BULL or a BEAR ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
follow our inner feeling, nope. My view is we must follow the pruce, that's teh only clear/pure signal. Anything can be tainted.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
My feeling is = stay out of the market for a while... wait for correction=10% to 20% Top index. What do you call that? Bear? yes.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
last part of post missing???

That all said what makes teh market is different views but as important is different methodologies.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
You mean, Technical analysis?
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Interesting! What is your position at SEQ? You seem to be always on chat? Just interested.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
head of education and general other things. TA only for derivatiove trading and for timing second tier stock trades (the stocks are selected on fundamentals). My worry about preparing for the meltdown and/or correction/bear. Is what if you're years early? Remember greenspan predicted the nasdaq meltdown, about 4 years early. Ditto locally many many have moved to larger cash amounts because they fear the bear, and in truth they have lost a lot by being on the sidelines.

Now the bear will come and it will hurt many, but that's not because they shoud have moved to cash sooner - but because they refuse to accept the bear and buy the whole way down and then sell the whole way back up.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
So how's your portfolio doing this year?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
All this bear talk is leaving me cold. china still buying like there's no tomorrow hey even the yanks are in on the action. Make hay while the sun shines.Sit on the sideline and miss out remember no risk no reward!It's your choice.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Cool, when can we go for coffee? We can further agree to disagree.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip, and so far a very good year - well ahead of my benchmark - top40.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
You're right,asylum. Sometimes I think the inmates have taken over the...er,forget it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
can only be bullish.fundamentals, economy sound, best market to trade in worldwide
0 Kudos
BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
THE PULLBACK WILL START SOON TRUST ME. +0.8% tomrrow highly likely. anyway BLUE-CHIPS ARE the best bulls shares to buy.... so good luck to all but the BEAR WILL strike soon. just wait.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Why everyone so negative?? I think we might see an BULL end 2010 It's possible.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
i suppose it is possible and i hope your right.
0 Kudos
BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
for every up theres a down thats life and thats the JSE...........
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
BB, ya but the ups have been bigger then the downs for over 4 years now.
0 Kudos
BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
agreed simon but all im saying is that its worth a risk to have some SHARES THAT are (bears) don't you think, its like an insurance if something does happen (maybe a -2% drop) you get paid out....
0 Kudos
BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
F$^#$#^!%@ EVERYONE simon is right just had a look at the ALSH CHART does'nt look good. (MA)MACD, EVEN worked out a sma @8 & sma @16, bears will have a small pullback if none at all this market is moving to quick for me F@##$^#%&. SORRY GUYS FOR THE INCORRECT INFO EARLIER!
0 Kudos