Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Currently Shorting oml

HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Hi. I'm currently going short on OML. Is 650 a good exit point or shoulkd be higher?
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Hibiscus
Regular Contributor
Can understand why you hate Gauteng but dont necessary agree with you. But why do you hate OML. They say the best thing in Gauteng is the road to George/Mosselbay
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Don't hate oml or any share. I just trade on the ups and downs.
0 Kudos
Hibiscus
Regular Contributor
That share probably is not going south amigo - at least not that far. Just wanted to know why I may be wrong??
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Trying to catch the intraday variance. I'll probably need to exit this position fast if I'm going to make any money. I'm still trying to figure out the turning point. Not sure if tomorrow is an up or down day.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Originally bought in @ R5. Sold @ R7.10..... Now that it went as far as R8.30, I am considering getting in again @ R7.30
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Jeez... I hadn't finished writing and the deal went through.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Sheesh and I'm increasing my shorts at 730. Just wondering where this is headed for. Damn volatility.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Why do you want to run. I will hang in for 640 then watch close, if it falls through maybe look at 520. if the bears are in town 480
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I saw it didn't want to break resistance the other day and got out. Honestly imo, I think it will come down to 6,40 again. (Friday) Then should retest 8,40, next week.... Otherwise back to R5!! Even more of a bargain. I'll get in again at R6ish. I never made so much in a trade before, so I'd take a punt again ;)
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Been having my ups and downs with this one. Went from R8000 to R3100 then up to R13800 then down to R4500 and now around R8250. Will there be trading on Friday??
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
HG - don't you use stop losses? From 13,8k to 4,5k - that's almost 70% drop !!!!! You have serious ghoons man!
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I just don't get it. If stop losses have to be set where the price won't reach, I might as well wait to be closed out. If the stop loss is too tight the volatility triggers it and then the price moves on after I have been stopped out. On one of the few occasions that I used a stop loss, the price fell so fast that it missed my stop and I got closed out way down at the bottom.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Ja, if you use stops you get stuffed; if you dont, you also get stuffed. I prefer not to put in stops in the system, but to have them set as part of the trade based on EOD price, then take action next day.
0 Kudos