Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Detailed cash balance

Dutch
Frequent Contributor
Do not understand this calculation.. "Pending Equity Orders Projected Income"
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
divz
Super Contributor
We have added new functionality to our system that adds the proceeds of cash corporate events (i.e. dividends, capital reductions, share buy-backs etc) to the Available Trading Cash balance on the morning of the ex-date, thus allowing clients to use t! his cash for further investment prior to the actual cash being received. Up to now, clients only had access to this cash on the pay-date, which is 5 business days after entitlement, because the settlement cycle for corporate events is 5 business days from the Last Day to Trade date (LDT). Note that this cash can still only be withdrawn from the pay-date and that clients will NOT be charged interest if this cash is used for further purchase transactions. This is simply because the settlement of any purchase transaction which used this cash will occur on or after the actual cash is received on the pay-date. To get a detailed breakdown of any such adjustments to your Available Trading Cash balance select "My account" then "Detailed cash balance". For more information on this new functionality email us at [email protected] or call 0860 121 161
0 Kudos
Dutch
Frequent Contributor
Ok so under the column Projected Cash Balance...Pending Equity Orders Cost = R85k and Pending Equity Orders Projected Income = R1,7mil. Must be missing something I think
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
pending equity orders are for orders in the market that haven't traded .. but we have reserved the cash ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Good trading - well done!
0 Kudos
Dutch
Frequent Contributor
and the R1,7 mil Pending Equity Orders Projected Income. When can I get that...in my lifetime I hope. Off to look at a Ferrari...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
that is for pending sales in the market ..
0 Kudos