Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Dr. Roffey - Buying signals

platsak
Super Contributor
According to Dr Roffey who is still very Bullish on Commodities, the following shares is a buy: Illovo (comments of anyone thats been following this one closely?) Hulamin (I dont like this one because it burnt me bad) Anglo (below R280-00)- It looks very good at this levels to me in any case. Simmers (once it breaks R6 level) Wesiswe. Im very interested in this share and would like some input? On the power hour ne analyst punted Murray and Roberts strongly. I am looking for a year to enter this one (3 years long). Not sure of a good entry level? One of the summit analysts is very Bullish on Harmony. Any comments on the above.
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
anglo below R280, yes I would sell everythign to buy at that price, but I suspect he/you is meaning anglogold?
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Simon. Thanks you are correct
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Platsak. You need to start doing your own analysis. Making decisions on other ppl's comments will not make you a trader
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If you can get WEZ in the 8's BUY BUY BUY. Put all your money in !!!and leave for 3 years
0 Kudos
Not applicable
At the moment theres plenty of bargains. All you need to do is your TA and choose.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I would have made plenty of profits, if only a kind soul would give me his notes.O'well i can ask again during Christmas time.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think construction shares are now at the point where retailers were 6 months or more ago. The shine is slowly starting to fade, and the shares will start to reflect. Group 5 was an early indicator.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Read what i said 'bout ILLOVO in share discussion posts,by the way i've a feeling this is not a day for buying anything,Monday/Tuesday is likely to be better.Only my opinion.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
I agree and I do. I am however still honing my skills and I thus like to hear other peoples opinions on a share especially if it differs from my own. I dnt give my opinions upfront as I want an unbiased opinion. If someone goes to the trouble to reply I usually make a point to reply with my opinion and facts on the matter. I personally have learnt a lot by this interaction over the last months from you and other forumites. Isnt that exactly why the forum was created. To get a different perspective. I am thus not looking for a free punt or handout because I am too scared or lazy to my own homework.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
PS. Wat i suggest is you open a demo account and open demo trades based on your opinions. This way you will learn how to make decisions. Its paper money so you have nothing to loose but gain valuable knowledge. Try and double your money in one month and try to make 80% correct trades. Once this is done try a real account with small amounts of money. If you loose this, Go back to your demo account and start practising again.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
utter utter [email protected] ....I dont want to be personal but this is how you ended up losing R 410K.....when you say "you have nothing to lose" thats just the problem.....you need to learn what it feels like to have something to lose.....remember you do not get rewarded for picking the right stock...any idiot can do that....you are rewarded for putting money at risk....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes Chartist agreed. Working out risk/reward per trade and staying within pre defined money management parameters is the key to success. Feeling the fear and greed in oneself is crucial to learning to becoming a better trader. Trading systems are only indicators to show possible entries and exits. Paper trading can produce a synthetic feeling of being good and we know how the market can quickly trim egos.
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Chartist has a good point when you are having to make decisions with your money on the table your emotions will mess you around more than the technical side of trading will. Like holding a stock too long or not getting out of a bad trade soon enough ect. Each trader has to deal with his own demons before he becomes efficient at making money.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'm with Chartist on this one, well actually just with anyone who's against mkaduh
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Jeez. Why is everyone against me? What did i do wrong? I just made a suggestion.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what did i do to you super?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You spurt asinine advice, as if you were an authority on the matter.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Mkadir if no one wants to tell you ill tell it like i see it, you came on this forum and asked all kinds of newbie questions, a lot of us replied and tried to help as much as we could to the best of our ability and knowledge, not a week later youre acting like you know it all and come across as arrogant, i particular dont care do what you want, i may be wrong but that might be one of the reasons why youre taking some stick.omo Happy trading.
0 Kudos