Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Easy Trader

Not applicable
IMO Easy Trader is a major regression from Price Streamer. After a mere couple of hours of use I have a list of complaints a mile long. For starters it is appallingly slow, times out regularly, loses watch lists, etc. I am very, very unhappy with this development. Why is Price Streamer being withdrawn, and given that Easy Trader clearly isn't ready for "production", when are we going to be forced to change? I will look seriously at other brokers if Easy Trader is my only option.
0 Kudos
36 REPLIES 36
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
official change over is tomorrow .. PS being withdrawn because it was useless and we had no control over it as it was managed by a third party vendor ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Price Streamer was useless? You have to be joking! Easy Trader is a dog compared to it. I cannot believe that you think Easy Trader is an improvement. Indeed, what makes you think it is?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
U must be about the only one that thought price Streamer is good.There were moans and gtoans almost every day on PS.Only my opinion but unless a day trader i cannot see why any one needs it at all.
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
Well at least the support for Easy Trader will be better, because they have more control. Visually is looks better as well and probably in the future some new features might be introduced. You can also see the version number in the FAQ section of easy trader, and see when it was last updated.
0 Kudos
Picky
Regular Contributor
Lol yes it does look sexy!, hoping some new features will be that it actually works and accurately, oops its bombed again..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Price Streamer WAS useless,.. Very glad to see SBK working on the development side of things,. Wait till Easy Trader gets going, it will be a vast improvement,.. If you are unhappy with the current and wish for the product to pace development up,.. Discontinue your subscription and mail them accordingly hw you are glad to engage but only when the product is worthy,. this will help them to get he ball behind the wicket and move ahead briskly with development,.. Lets not act like sheep now just paying for what we don't believe in,...You can do with a few months of trading without your security blankets,.. Other than that,. Bravo SBK,. well done,. good move,.. PS was a piece of malema pudding,... lol,.. such evocative imagery, argh..
0 Kudos
kingsol
Frequent Contributor
please keep price streamer as an option...
0 Kudos
Cherry
Regular Contributor
Price Streamer, all is forgiven. Please come back. My Easy Trader only works for a few seconds. How will I make profits.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
By actually knowing price moves before the days play,.. I mean,. remember the old days,.. open high low close,. pen and paper graphing etc,.. And you know who the better traders are hands down,.. Definitely not this technologically handicapped lot,.. The more tools you need, the less you know your subject,.. Age old rules apply,..
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
Easy Trader = April Fool Joke ET only works for a couple of minutes and then the red dot appears.
0 Kudos
Farina
Contributor
my one doesnt work as well, was ok during the testing periode
0 Kudos
Cherry
Regular Contributor
Terra - Mine too. Takes about 10 minutes to upload. Charts dont move.
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
Probably overloaded with all the new users...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Error when I try to login :(
0 Kudos
Cherry
Regular Contributor
Teething problems should have been foreseen. We should have had price streamer as back up for at least a month.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey dixie... I have an old slide rule you may be interested in. Works a treat with pen and paper. Then again, if I'm stuck with Easy Trader I may just need it myself. I'm off to Waltons to stock up on pencils...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeah,. futures indicate pencils will be a good long position as lead is in great demand,.. lol,..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hahahah,. there you go,. easy trader offline,. lol,. price streamer offline,.. hahahah,.. techohead traderz in the poo !!,. Have a great day chaps,..
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Dixie, the fact is that if you want to effectively trade forex or intra day indices or even get the optimal end of day entry price you need live charting. You sound like my grandfather who claims that as he didn't have a cell phone when he was young none of us need it today. He is wrong. I am glad you can trade effectively on shaky information but there are serious traders out there that will have an edge on you as they have a sharper platform and are better supported. Fact. If you think this is a hobby you are wrong, you are there to take cash from the guy next door to you, why take a knife to a gun fight? I traded the Euro/Dollar this morning before breakfast and banked $700 in 25 minutes - impossible without the correct support. Don't knock those traders who demand more from their brokers just because you don't understand why.
0 Kudos