Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Financials or Industrials

superstar
Regular Contributor
Good day ladies and Gentlemen. Looking at the current economic opportunities and threats, which direction would you consider better, Financials or Industrials? You less sarcastic response will be appreciated
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Not applicable
industrials is way too broad a category, IMO. Local industry that relies on the mining industry are in for a steady decline, in all probability. There is wide scale disinvestment in SA mines by the looks of it, and those that cannot apply their trade abroad are looking like they will suffer long term. I find it difficult to invest in the industrial sector. Margins don't fit my investment criteria, and profitability is always at risk. Having said that though, I favour the chemical sector, and have been a long term holder of Metair, although I will be looking to exit this soon
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
whichever one healthcare, pharmaceuticals and property is in.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Voting still open for eh what was that again? We at an all time high comedy show now
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sinking tide will drop all ships....mow would not be the time to go long anything...wait for end sept Nov....
0 Kudos