Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Firefox

SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
I don't know what SCMB did yesterday that the site was down for the entire day?! For some reason I'm having serious issues with Firefox now. The site simply does not open in Firefox anymore. Does SCMB use any sort of go-live cycle? Do they have a test or development environments where the business analysts test the site before going live? ...what's going on??
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
we were not down yesterday. Firefox, which version? I opened OST in firefox yesterday evening no problem?
0 Kudos
MorneP
Not applicable
I had similar issues with the graphing through Firefox, worked fine through IE. Must be a Java thing.
0 Kudos
SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
Hi Simon... sorry for ranting. I meant "entire day" as in "trading time". I kept on getting a message like "Site down for maintenance, etc...wil be up shortly. Thank you for your patience.". Currently I'm getting the following issues: (1) Security certificate not matching (it is registered to www.standardbank.co.za, I think). (2) Firefox 2.0.0.14 - looks like an infinite loop... tries opening the site to no avail. (3) IE 7.0.5730 does the same as Firefox. I can open the site with IE 6.0.2900 opens successfully.
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
I opened mine in Firefox this morning and only my SSF's were on my home screen, my warrants didn't show up and there value wass gone from my portfolio value. Nearly choked on my coffee. I just refreshed the screen and everything came up the second time though.
0 Kudos
bob1_1
Contributor
had same problem, using scmb.co.za then used securities.co.za and all ways fine
0 Kudos
SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
yip... that's it. SCMB is broken... https://securities.standardbank.co.za/ost/ works
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
scmb domain no longer works. www.securities.co.za is always best.
0 Kudos
SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
now they tell me :-) Thanks Simon... my bad.
0 Kudos