Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GFI (Dr Roffey)

Not applicable
Thank you very much for the sound advice given by you on Tuesday night!!! For those of you that always bad-mouth Dr. Roffey, and you know who you are...sorry for missing the boat BIG time!!!
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Not applicable
u obviously are totally unaware of the stunning track record of the Dr Roffey...(thats doctor of metallurgy without qualification in technical analysis Dr) divergence indicator....very simple...do the opposite of what he says and you will make a fortune...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well Chartist, I followed he's advice...AND MADE A FORTUNE...hehehe
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the golds will massively outperform general equities... 2006 hopelessly underperformed....."the golds will have a massive breakout to the upside and will outperform equities"...2007...they massively underperformed ..."this is the year of the golds"...2008...the gold index fell by almost half...fact of the matter is he has been wrong as long as anyone can remember certainly since the 80s during which time the gold index fell (and is still) down by 60%! if u had put ZAR 1000 into the golds today u would now have ZAR 450.....if u put it into the index you would have ZAR 3000...thats being wrong by a factor of 6!!!!....please do some basic research before you shoot your idiotic mouth off...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes so did the poor *****s when he called DRD a buy at ZAR 12 (buy as many SSFS as you can afford)...I think it went to 13.10...and then all the way to ZAR 3...with an SSF bought on this that would have been a 3000% loss...if you had bought 10 000 worth of SSFS you would not only have lost the 10K ...you would have owed 200K!...I know people who lost more...
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Roffey has been wrong in the last three years,but had to be correct some time by saying buy gold,he certainly has a poor record as a tipster.The point is that he gets payed for these forecasts and has mislead many a new investor.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No Barry !!! He pays them !! Please do not give wrong info !!!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thats news to me.Also late last year, Chartist was one of the first forumites to point out that gold was about to run.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
We are in a totally different market now. I will enjoy investing my idiotic profits in gold, again.
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
Even broken clocks and watches are correct twice per day or 730 times a year ... RAOTFLMBFHAO
Altho' MBFHA may help on Sunday's pedal around the scenic Peninsula
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes Barry...u are right but the difference is all in the timing...I had not been punting the golds prior to that ...if anything the opposite...I think what we are all saying apart from a few select idiots idiots is that almost any call at some point will turn out to be right...the trick with people that make money from this is to obfuscate and prevaricate sufficiently in order for it to appear that your timing was right...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Cois, did Roffey also tell you when to exit? Remember that your gains are only on paper until then...
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
well my 2 cents worth anybody who invests using other peoples advice might as well hand thier money over to a brokerage firm to invest it for them, you dont learn a thing by investing on tips, exceppt a depleted bank account.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
chartist, weren;t you running around earlier thsi year telling us how great yur gold watch list had done ?? anyways the point is simple, always do your own homework, it doesn't matter who the talking head on bubble vision is ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no i wasn't running....I was merely pointing out an interesting phenomenon...and as u rightly pointed out many times that was just a snapshot in time...me pointing this out did not mean that I was suggesting you should be buying the golds or that they had outperformed general equities ...it was more trying to show how we have fallen relative to other stuff...clearly there is a time and a place for the golds and that was a few months ago...
0 Kudos