Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GFI Entry point

Not applicable
Would this be a good time to get into GFI? I wanted to get in for a while, but could not find a good entry point. But I think today is the day. Any thoughts?
0 Kudos
31 REPLIES 31
CE
Super Contributor
Any thoughts - no
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Can not wait to see J-man's comment....
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
LJC - I went into AMS with the same idea and no triggers - don't go on gut feel - I got hurt bad man - wait for the graphs to trigger and then do some homework on fundamentals.
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
If you feel that GFI may strengthen soon, then wait for the strength to appear. Even indraday is not showing strength yet. 13700 looks like an important level.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I would be a buyer at a test of the 21 day ema at 13566...
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Where is Johny boy ? (Probably of to Durban..)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Just back and feeling very relaxed, maybe an afternoon sleep, mmm. Serriously though. CE this is my current feeling China is growing at 11% that is going to get overheated and there may even be a huge bubble in resourses. but there is only one resourse class that is so tightly controlled there are only 12 prospective companies opperating in this space and only 3 really produce product with 4-5 other minor players. thats Platinum and AMS IMP and LON so I am thinking I am going to stop sweaing the small stuff and going to park my money into a Instalment and let this bubble swell my cash pile. Now when to buy?
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
John not having traded instalments - what is the instalment for IMP and somebody mentioned a barrier the other day?? Got an ssf on AMS at the moment - but it is a bit tooo geared for my liking - especially when things turn down.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Will be interesting to see how the DOW open. Talks of "Stocks set for selloff" all over CNN.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
GFI entry point is when it tests suppout at around the 13150 level. But wait a few days..It will test this support and when it turns jump in. By that stage oscillatorsa and MACD should all be ripe for the picking..right now just wait. OMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Oh forgot to mention that if it closes below this level or thereabout than dont buy cause the 2 and a bit month bull trend is broken. OMO
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
John - That Investec link - that's for the warrants - or am I wrong.Would I find the instalments on the same site or am I confused
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
Does the ssf for goldfields cover both GFI and Eland - when you go into future for Eland it shows GFI same ssf
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Same site look under Hoteds and instalmens.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
GFI close right on sup R 133 30 a close of 1.2 % up tomorrow and i am in
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
hennie, like Ozone, i would also see the support as 13150 based both on the bull trend from late jan and support levels from back to may and august last year, which became a bit of resistance in oct nov and bit in dec. how do you get to 133?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
candles, hammer( 4 April ), uptrend support low of day, intraday bounced of support 4 times today ( can only see this with candle chart)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
2.4% down on NYSE. I might put in a small bid at around 130.
0 Kudos